5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last
    UPDATE: Game times either Tuesday 4/6 or Thursday 4/8 (or possibly both). They will be 6PM-10PM EDT/NY (UTC-4). Tuesday's game may need start a hour later. The first adventure in the Yawning portal should take 3-5 sessions. The games may not take place every week, but should at least 2 weeks per month.

If times change to a later game (7 - 12pm) I'd be interested. Good gaming to you!
    Last edited by Omalus; March 31st, 2021 at 18:47.
    - Faith, Steel and Gunpowder.

The tuesday night game changed to 7-730 start time. However, we are full, both games, right now. If a spot opens up in the future I'll make a post!

The yawning portal is a collection of separate adventures, rather than a campaign. each adventure is several sessions. levels progression loosely lines up between adventures. I am ok with characters coming and going between adventures, although the players who want to stay are encouraged to keep playing their characters, and will keep all their treasure and storyline from the prior adventure, so it can feel like a campaign if that is how it evolves..

If anyone wants to answer the questions I posted originally and wait as an alternate for the next open spot, please send one!
    Last edited by KliquidK; April 1st, 2021 at 07:35.

Still very interested;

1. What is your experience with 5e and with fantasy grounds?
    - I have played several 5e games and two Fantasy Grounds Classic games (both 5e). I have FGC and FGU Ultimates

2. Rank in order of importance to you as a player: combat & character building, roleplaying, exploration & world immersion
    - Roleplaying #1, Exploration and World Immersion #2, Combat and Character building #3 (though I spend a lot of time on creation).

3. What is your availability? The game will be run in episodes, each containing one of its seven modules. you don't have to commit to the entire campaign, but I will need you to show up for anywhere from two to five sessions it would take to complete each module?
    - Tuesday nights would be great.

4. A call has gone out for adventurers willing to risk their lives for epic renown and innumerable treasures to come to Waterdeep, to seek a man named Durnan who owns the Yawning Portal Inn. Your squishy level 1 character has just walked through the doors of the inn looking to meet Durnan and answer the summons. The inn's taproom is bustling with activity as waitresses and patrons stumble about. A variety of oddities adorn the taproom walls on display as trophies, including a shining piece of magical parchment, a mummified clawed hand, a lute with missing strings, and a sealed vial of writhing magical tentacles. In the back of the taproom, you notice a closed door with a sign posted above it "ROPE TO UNDERMOUNTAIN, 1 gold piece. This establishment is not responsible for death, curses, magical imprisonment, and dismemberment of any of its patrons who choose to enter Undermountain. You do so at your own risk!" Amid the hustle, a middled aged human male with thick chops dressed in a bartender's apron comes out from a storeroom. he eyes you up and down and says, "The name's Durnan. And who might you be? Are you here for the summons?" Please describe your character and how the scene plays out.
    - Fayde looks takes a casual look around the inn and then looks Durnan directly in the eyes. "Here for the summons? No dear friend, I am here for the treasure. Now, what do you have in the way of drinks?" Fayde lightly drums his fingers on the pommel of one of his two swords and a half smile creeps over his face as he imagines all the ways he can spend his gold.....

5. What is your Discord ID? you may send through PM if you wish.
    - Omalus

Quote Originally Posted by Omalus View Post
    Still very interested;

- I have played several 5e games and two Fantasy Grounds Classic games (both 5e). I have FGC and FGU Ultimates

2. Rank in order of importance to you as a player: combat & character building, roleplaying, exploration & world immersion
    - Roleplaying #1, Exploration and World Immersion #2, Combat and Character building #3 (though I spend a lot of time on creation).

3. What is your availability? The game will be run in episodes, each containing one of its seven modules. you don't have to commit to the entire campaign, but I will need you to show up for anywhere from two to five sessions it would take to complete each module?
    - Tuesday nights would be great.

4. A call has gone out for adventurers willing to risk their lives for epic renown and innumerable treasures to come to Waterdeep, to seek a man named Durnan who owns the Yawning Portal Inn. Your squishy level 1 character has just walked through the doors of the inn looking to meet Durnan and answer the summons. The inn's taproom is bustling with activity as waitresses and patrons stumble about. A variety of oddities adorn the taproom walls on display as trophies, including a shining piece of magical parchment, a mummified clawed hand, a lute with missing strings, and a sealed vial of writhing magical tentacles. In the back of the taproom, you notice a closed door with a sign posted above it "ROPE TO UNDERMOUNTAIN, 1 gold piece. This establishment is not responsible for death, curses, magical imprisonment, and dismemberment of any of its patrons who choose to enter Undermountain. You do so at your own risk!" Amid the hustle, a middled aged human male with thick chops dressed in a bartender's apron comes out from a storeroom. he eyes you up and down and says, "The name's Durnan. And who might you be? Are you here for the summons?" Please describe your character and how the scene plays out.
    - Fayde looks takes a casual look around the inn and then looks Durnan directly in the eyes. "Here for the summons? No dear friend, I am here for the treasure. Now, what do you have in the way of drinks?" Fayde lightly drums his fingers on the pommel of one of his two swords and a half smile creeps over his face as he imagines all the ways he can spend his gold.....

- Omalus
    The tuesday game is 7pm, but I can't promise you a spot to play in the future unless someone else leaves. It's tempting as the DM to just accept everyone interested, but my instincts are telling me to keep the group size small. I've been involved in way too many games that were well intentioned, but ended up with 8-10 players, half of which are new and still trying to figure out some rules, and devolved into a crappy experience for all, whereas, it's not too hard to make adjustments on the fly to run a great game for just 2 players if the opposite becomes true, so I'll have to stick to my chops on keeping the group size where I originally set it for this adventure. I'll consider opening another spot to 5 players on the next adventure. If a spot opens up either way, you would be first in line.

brand new to D&D in 4e when my friend ran his own campaign. ... play D&D, but I was the only one with any prior experience, so I became the DM

Thanks, keep me posted.

I am interested in this or some other game in the future

1. I have played a few 5e games, and I have played 1 game on fantasy grounds

2. combat & character building, exploration & world immersion, exploration

3. I am available most of the time

"Who am I, well my good sir I am William D'Tanion." He says with a bow sweeping his large feathered hat from his head. Durnan shrugs. "William D'Tanion, thee William D'Tanion." no look of recognition crosses Durnans face. "The William D'Tanion that saved Countess Regalia from John the Red, who defeated the orc pirate king Blacktusk in single combat, killer of villians and savior of damsels. Surely you have heard of that?" Durnan shakes his head. "Interesting, it seems my fame has yet to make it here to this great city, no matter soon my legendary deeds will be sung by bards and minstrels all over this fair city" William swipes an ale tankard from the tray of a passing waitress and gives her a big wink when she turns to glare at him. "Well then my good man" William says to Durnan "I am here to answer the summons" he hops up nibly onto a table, whipping out his rapier he raises it to the ceeling and holds out his tankard of ale, raising his voice to be heard above the crowd he yells "For gold and glory" "For gold and glory" the patrons roar in response.

"I AM GORTHUNK SON OF CRUSHER" the monstrous halforc roars, spittle flying as he bangs on what looks to be part of a door tied to his chest with thick ropes. "THIS IS CRUSH" he roars as he pulls a iron banded greatclub from his back. "WE GO DOWN HOLE, CRUSH MONSTERS"

VamPirate#3042

I watched your yourtube, I like your playstyle

Thanks for your interest and great in character response. Unfortunately, we are still full right now, and a few others interested once a spot opens up. If one does, I'll make sure to send you a pm.

I am streaming my tuesday games and will upload them on youtube later.

https://www.twitch.tv/kliquidk

A. Recently played about 5 sessions of 5e on FGU. Lately been messing around w/coding and module building. Long time player and DM in earlier versions, from B/X through 2e (i.e., since 1981).

A. World immersion, exploration, roleplay, and combat/character building.

A. Prefer 7-10 EDT most nights. Fridays are best, but open to any, if the opportunity presents itself. I work early mornings, so I don't play into the wee hours. Left the recent game I mentioned above because I had a hard time staying up until midnight & waking up at 0-dark-30.

------------------------------
    "'ello, Durnan," Mickel said. "'ow's tricks? Don't s'pose you 'member me. 'aven't been up t' Castle Ward in an age. Not since I was a li'l skinnah. Mostly 'ang about in the North Ward now, when I'm not at the Sleeping Snake."

Durnan eyed him. Standing just over 15 hands tall, the skinny youth had dark, unevenly cut hair hanging loosely over his brow and barely covering his ears, slightly pointed. Cheap clothes, poorly fitted - not manor-born, this one - Durnan decided he must be a native, and likely one of the countless denizens of the Dock Ward having a preference for dark alley dealings.

"No," he said. "Can't say I do. But so many pass through, and Waterdeep's big. So, are you here for the summons, or a drink? I'm a busy man, you know. Many to tend to." He stepped off in the direction of the bar, Mickel in tow.

"Depends, mate," Mickel said. "Any others lookin'? Can't go by meself. I may be 'andy enough wif a blade, but I likes a more quiet-like approach, y'know?" He leaned against the bar as Durnan moved to serve others already standing there. Looking around the taproom he considered the patrons. Many were clearly travelers, well-armed adventurers here to test their mettle. Others were quite obviously regulars; ever-curious Waterdhavians come to catch sight of the next company of fools to try their luck.

"Always," said Durnan, suddenly at his shoulder. "That group over there, for one. And that one too. Either might be looking to add someone of your, um, talents, to their number." Mickel regarded both groups, sizing them up. "Ye'll want to behave yourself, though. The adventuring types who come to my door don't take kindly to sneak thieves and cowards."

Mickel turned sharply, frowning. "Oi! Not nice, Durnan," he said indignantly. "I ain't no coward! And if I wanted their pretties I weren't be standin' 'ere talkin' t' you!" He paused. "No, I want somefin' more, and if it means a chance to get out of the city for a bit, so much the better." He thought for a moment and decided. "They look likely. Thanks, mate."

With that, he strode toward the group he'd chosen. Maybe they'd be willing to take him on.
    ------------------------------

A. jcsamuelson#2543

I hope you'll let me know if a slot comes open. Thanks for your time!

Thread Information