FG Spreadshirt Swag

Thread: Combat help

Combat help

A few questions for FGU with CoC 7e

1) In combat tracker, the PCs are showing nothing under "Attacks." How do I get their combat skills to show (like NPCs do)?

2) How do I spend Luck? How do I mark reduced Sanity?

3) The buttons at bottom of screen (HRD = hard, EXT = extreme, +1, +2 B = bonus die, +1, +2 P = penalty die. Can't figure out how to use these.

Could not find a tutorial that covers this.

Blog Entries
    Hey mrshiny

Players make their attacks from the Character Sheets (the same way they do in most of the FG rulesets). The COmbat Tracker is primarily there to facilitate the GMs management of the combat.
    Luck is adjusted manually when you decide to use some. You can either type over the number or using ctrl+scroll with your mouse pointer over the luck box. Same goes for San. San will track how much San has been lost during the session.
    PC sheet Skills all have Hard and Extreme numbers on them which can be rolled by double clicking. If you are rolling from a NPC sheet and want to do Hard or Extreme click that button before rolling the skill.
    If you are awarding (or penalizing) some extra dice - like Dis/Advantage in 5E - then use the +1/+2/etc dice before making a roll. This will roll an additional 10s die and keep the higher one.

Thanks so much! could not find that documented anywhere! I wasn't clicking on skill to roll so was very confused why bonus/penalty die weren't showing up. Would be so better on Luck or Sanity if it at least did the maths...

So if I spend Luck to get a successful combat attack, do I roll damage and have the GM adjust hit points manually?

Blog Entries
    If you target your enemy before you do the attack roll it will calculate success level.
    it will also (if you have enough luck and you have the option turned on) tell you how much luck to get to the next success level

[ATTACK] Fighting (Brawl) (75%) [at Crocodile] [success] (Spend 3 of your 50 luck to make it a Hard Success.) 40
    in this case Murtaugh got a Hard Success already. Why would he consider spending luck? Well if the Crocodile tries to dodge it becomes an opposed roll and an Extreme Success would be needed by the Croc to avoid being hit. Player could spend the 3 luck and make the hit much more likely.

Irrespective of the result the Crocodile is still targeted by Murtaugh. If he spends luck he should adjust luck manually on his sheet (yes - Math is needed here! ) and tell the Keeper what he is doing.

The Keeper rolls dodge (or not) and declares that Murtaugh hits. Murtaugh then double clicks the Damage field on his sheet and Damage is rolled (armour is taken into consideration) and Damage is applied.

If Murtaugh misses the turn passes to the next player without the Damage roll.

Thanks again! So if a character spends luck to make a success Extreme, does the GM then need to manually apply max damage to the target?

Blog Entries
    From memory

The Attacker (player or GM) can click the blood drop down with the modifiers to force an Extreme roll
    Or you can hold Shift while rolling the dice.

Is there a way for players to whisper to GM?

Quote Originally Posted by mrshiny View Post
    I believe you can type "/whisper GM" and then type the message

Quote Originally Posted by mrshiny View Post
    and if the Dice Tower is being used, you can right click on it and select Whisper GM from the radial menu.

Thread Information