DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Geometer View Post
    I don't know if this is the same issue the OP is reporting but I have found, when converting tokens to tiles via the little box in Image Control, that some tokens are distorted to fit into the box and this distortion persists when the tile is placed on the map. FG 47 shows this with a token from Forgotten Adventures. I've added the original token to the map alongside the tile produced for comparison.

I've also noticed, on much rarer occasions, that some token images overlap the edges of the box. FG 48 shows this with a token from Ddraig Goch's Samhain pack. The image was rotated 45 degrees left to produce the overlap.
    I think that distortion is coming by the settings of the width and height as given in the image sidebar Did you already define those before you placed the asset into the box of the image sidebar?

Tailz's problem is that it is first okay but then suddenly changes after doing something (like switching the mode)

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    I think that distortion is coming by the settings of the width and height as given in the image sidebar Did you already define those before you placed the asset into the box of the image sidebar?
    Nope. W/H both set to 0.0. Placing the token in the box forces it to conform to 4.0 x 4.0

Quote Originally Posted by Kelrugem View Post
    problem is that it is first okay but then suddenly changes after doing something (like switching the mode)
    I've seen something similar; wall token-to-tile, placed horizontally on map, rotate 45 degrees left, rotate 45 right back to horizontal, deselect and a slight but perceptible reduction in size of the image can be observed. I think the image is returning to its original dimensions rather than actually resizing, i.e. when it rotates to be oblique to the grid it gets a little bigger (?) then returns to normal when horizontal, if that makes sense.

I can try and demonstrate all this in a video if that would help?
    Alea iacta est

Quote Originally Posted by Geometer View Post
    Nope. W/H both set to 0.0. Placing the token in the box forces it to conform to 4.0 x 4.0

I've seen something similar; wall token-to-tile, placed horizontally on map, rotate 45 degrees left, rotate 45 right back to horizontal, deselect and a slight but perceptible reduction in size of the image can be observed. I think the image is returning to its original dimensions rather than actually resizing, i.e. when it rotates to be oblique to the grid it gets a little bigger (?) then returns to normal when horizontal, if that makes sense.

I can try and demonstrate all this in a video if that would help?
    Yes, would surely help if you can show a video, then the devs can look at your and Tailz's problem

About your distortion thing: Hm, not sure then, what is going on there (I was sadly also not able to reproduce that)

A couple of videos that show what I mean.

The first shows the resizing, the second shows the distortion.

The distortion issue only appears to happen to tokens with linear images e.g. walls, rows of cabbages etc. It doesn't seem to happen to images that are more square or irregular in shape. I don't have any comparable tokens from other publishers so I can't test them.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Alea iacta est

@Geometer,

Is this in the Live build (v4.0.10) or the Test build (v4.1.0)?
    I know that there was a similar issue reported for v4.0.10, and a fix is included in v4.1.0 already.

Thanks,
    JPG

@Moon Wizard: v4.0.10
    Alea iacta est

Thread Information