STAR TREK 2d20
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Die Code for a Wild Die roll (SWADE)

How do I do this as a marco?

All the examples show dice rolls that use addition or some math function on the results, but that doesn't get the correct answer for a SWADE trait roll with wild die. For example: /die (1d4e + 1d6e)k1 adds the d4 and d6 results together. I just want the highest result of the two post exploding.

I don't know...I just use the built in roller by clicking on the appropriate skill. I think I've seen this asked before but never saw an answer

Edit: I've asked on the FG Savage Worlds Discord channel...it's not nearly as active as it used to be, but I'll let you know if I hear anything
    Last edited by IceBear; March 25th, 2021 at 21:44.

In this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huFgen7-TUQ
    Doug shows how to do this type of dice roll. However, following his exact example doesn't work in my SWADE game. He says they work in CoreRPG and systems derived from it. They work for character sheets, but not manual rolls. I think this is a bug.

Quote Originally Posted by IceBear View Post
    I don't know...I just use the built in roller by clicking on the appropriate skill. I think I've seen this asked before but never saw an answer

Edit: I've asked on the FG Savage Worlds Discord channel...it's not nearly as active as it used to be, but I'll let you know if I hear anything
    Thanks IceBear! Please do let me know if you hear anything back.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Serfass View Post
    In this video
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=huFgen7-TUQ
    Doug shows how to do this type of dice roll. However, following his exact example doesn't work in my SWADE game. He says they work in CoreRPG and systems derived from it. They work for character sheets, but not manual rolls. I think this is a bug.
    I may have missed it, but I didn't see this exact example. I saw exploding die with addition, but not two different dice types exploding keep the highest.

From Blackbot on Discord:

@Icebear /die (1d4!+1d6!)k1

If you use e instead of ! it picks the highest one but doesn't add up the explodes, so it's for stuff like Shadowrun4/5/6
    Oh damn, no, that doesn't work...it works fine in Core, but not in SWADE...
    It works if you turn off "Desktop Dice can ace" though
    So I assume something about the way SWADE manipulates dice interferes there

Same command both times - first time with exploding desktop dice enabled, second time disabled (screen shot showing it not working and working...on phone and it's not allowing me to post the image)

If you use e instead of ! it picks the highest one but doesn't add up the explodes, so it's for stuff like Shadowrun4/5/6

Same command both times - first time with exploding desktop dice enabled, second time disabled

Same command both times - first time with exploding desktop dice enabled, second time disabled (screen shot showing it not working and working...on phone and it's not allowing me to post the image)
    Thanks, that was my experience in SWADE as well. According to https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...0/Rolling+Dice the "e" is exploding and the "!" compounding, but the math with the + should work the same and add them together. I think they need something like an "or" and "and" expression along with math expressions to do what I want to do.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirk Starr View Post
    Thanks, that was my experience in SWADE as well. According to https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...0/Rolling+Dice the "e" is exploding and the "!" compounding, but the math with the + should work the same and add them together. I think they need something like an "or" and "and" expression along with math expressions to do what I want to do.
    Just so we're clear, according to Blackbot if you disable "Desktop Dice can ace" in the Options, /die (1d4!+1d6!)k1 works

Just so we're clear, according to Blackbot if you disable "Desktop Dice can ace" in the Options, /die (1d4!+1d6!)k1 works
    Thanks. I understood that, but I think it is for compounding dice...and not exploding. I'll try and validate.

Thread Information