FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: RMU Ruleset

RMU Ruleset

With RMU nearing, I thought it would be great to have a ruleset for it in FGU. So - how to go about this?

Should I just build an extension?
    Or start from scratch?
    How much of the purchasable RM Classic ruleset can I use?
    Is it a copyright violation if I use code from there?
    If it is, is there an open source ruleset I might use?

I believe Dakadin is already working on an RMU ruleset. As I recall the plan is to have it released at or near the launch of RMU officially (which from what I am seeing is probably 2H this year at the earliest).

Thats great! I am still interested in answer to these questions tho. Anywhere I can go to get this?

That's the plan but I don't have as much free time as I used to.

I would recommend doing it as an extension that runs on top of the RMC ruleset. That would allow you to take advantage of the ruleset and make any changes that you need to for RMC. I am doing something similar with my development.
    Rolemaster Classic for FG Wish List - http://rm4fg.idea.informer.com/

Thanks - If you need help - let me know. In the meantime, I am going to try to build a Gamma World ruleset off of B/X.

Hey Dakadin,
    I'd like to add RMU Attack and crit tables. I've seen the "add a crit table thread" but is there one to show how to input attack tables?

Hi Mansquatch62,

I don't think I ever wrote up anything about creating attack tables. It would be a bit different for RMU since there are only 10 armor types instead of 20 but the basics would be the same. Unfortunately, I don't have a lot of spare time right now to write anything up. Sorry about that.

Dakadin

Dakadin,
    Would the coding be time consuming going from 20 AT's to 10 and a 175 table max instead of 150? I could do all the data entry for the attack tables and crits. I've already done it for a friend's MUSH in the past.
    But come to think of it I see your point. RMU doesn't have an attack table for each weapon. Each weapon is assigned to an attack table with various Size and AT modifications, which would require changes to the existing weapon panels and coding to account for size and mods. Now I'm wishing I'd learned to code HTML and CSS or whatever is used in Fantasy Grounds.

I've actually been working on getting the tables in and handling those differences in RMU dev ruleset. It still has a lot that needs to be done but it is coming along.

The land of the Pecsaetan, in the Kingdom of Mercia
    Quote Originally Posted by Mansquatch62 View Post
    Dakadin,
    Would the coding be time consuming going from 20 AT's to 10 and a 175 table max instead of 150? I could do all the data entry for the attack tables and crits. I've already done it for a friend's MUSH in the past.
    But come to think of it I see your point. RMU doesn't have an attack table for each weapon. Each weapon is assigned to an attack table with various Size and AT modifications, which would require changes to the existing weapon panels and coding to account for size and mods. Now I'm wishing I'd learned to code HTML and CSS or whatever is used in Fantasy Grounds.
    I'm guessing that a lot of that is already possible without any major tinkering, although I'm not familiar with RMU so don't know exactly how it differs from RMC. You can certainly assign weapons to different attack tables (and crit tables) and adjust for various ATs (though these are grouped by type so there wouldn't be enough for 10 ATs). Custom attack tables are reasonably easy to put together and I can't see that the 175 maximum would be an issue. I've tinkered with some of this stuff before and am certainly not a coder by any stretch of the imagination - it's all in XML, which is really just structured data rather than 'proper' code. The 'proper' code is LUA which you can hopefully avoid messing with, though I'd imagine you'd inevitably need to for a proper working RMU ruleset/extension (in which case you have to smile sweetly at Dakadin (or Ardem or someone else who's got 20 ranks in coding)).

Thread Information