DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 3 of 3 First 123

Thread: Well, crap

Blog Entries
    As others have said - this would most likely be a way to tie in closer with the xbox/pcgamer communities rather than corporate clients.
    Teams has wildly different functionality from Discord - there is no chance of Discord replacing Teams in the business environment.

Quote Originally Posted by damned View Post
    As others have said - this would most likely be a way to tie in closer with the xbox/pcgamer communities rather than corporate clients.
    Teams has wildly different functionality from Discord - there is no chance of Discord replacing Teams in the business environment.
    Totally Disagree, I remember people said the same thing about Skype back in the day. If MS could absorb it into its fold they would. And Discord is very similar to Teams, I mean yeah, Discord isn't integrated with other cloud based apps like MS has and doesn't have Video Calls. But most end users I had to hand hold with Teams Just use the basic chat, file share, and video calls.

And the thing is, it isn't really about replacing it with Teams. It's just about owning it. Most of the MS enterprise do similar things already like SharePoint/Yammer - Teams/Skype. Companies like MS when it comes to Acquisition are like the Blob from the old Monster Movies. They don't care what its for or what it does, if it can make the MS Blob grow it will try to eat you and absorb you in it's mass.

But it's all moot if Discord wont sell.

It's probably just a matter of time. I really like discord, and have a subscription, but I somehow doubt they're making the needed profits. They raised capital, they're probably burning through that steadily, and the business model for many startups in their position is just that: "get bought by a big player and finally reap the rewards". I'm obviously no CEO though.

Thread Information