DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Thread: New Computer

New Computer

I got a new computer, what steps should I take to get things going for Fantasy Grounds and my campaigns? Can I just copy over certain folders?

Thanks!

mac? pc?
    classic? unity?

assumptions: pc, classic:

- [user account] > (invisible) roaming > fantasy ground (whole directory)

then just reinstall fg classic and run it after you've placed the directory on new pc.
    Last edited by tahl_liadon; March 23rd, 2021 at 20:40.
    -----
    roll dice. it builds character.

Thanks! It is PC, and I have Unity as well, where is that directory?

Install FG on your new computer first and note the location of the data folder. Then find the location of the same folder in your old computer.

The only files you need to copy over are your campaign files, possibly extensions and any modules that you personally have created. All of these files are in your FG Data folder. Once you find those copy the contents of the campaigns folder to the same location in your new computer and do the same for any extension. If you have modules you want to copy then find those in the old computer's modules folder and copy over to the modules folder in your new computer.

Other than these items everything else will get installed when you install FG on your new computer.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Bwoerth View Post
    Thanks! It is PC, and I have Unity as well, where is that directory?
    To find the location of your FG data directory click the small folder icon top left (for Unity) top right (for Classic) on the start screen.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I have moved my files, but I do not get the option to "Load Campaign." I have closed and reopened FG as well. I mean, this seems like it's a fairly straightforward process, so I'm not sure why it's not working properly.

campaigns.png

Blog Entries
    Did you place your campaigns in your new FG data folder? Check tis by launching FG, clicking on the folder icon. That will open your FG data folder on your new computer. Is tat where you copied your campaigns to?

Did you enter your license key? Then update FG?

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Did you place your campaigns in your new FG data folder? Check tis by launching FG, clicking on the folder icon. That will open your FG data folder on your new computer. Is tat where you copied your campaigns to?

Did you enter your license key? Then update FG?
    Yes, that is where I copied them to.

Yes, I entered my license key. Yes, I updated.

I was able to create a new campaign. That NEW campaign showed up in the folder along with the campaign folders that don't show up in FG.

testingtoshowfolder.png

Try starting a new campaign and then exit out of it. Then copy the db.xml file from one of the campaigns that won't open and paste it into the campaign you just created. Say yes when asked if you want to overwrite the existing file.

Thanks Zacchaeus. I didn't need to do that because it turns out, when I copied the entire FantasyGrounds/campaigns folder, it did not copy over ALL of the .xml docs (some it copied over a few, a couple copied over none of them) and in zero cases did it copy over the CampaignRegistry.lua file.

Looking at it, I think the error was in the initial upload to G Drive, since the files were also missing there.

I went through every folder to find which files were missing and make sure they were actually transferred and it works now.

It simply would not have occurred to me that not all the files transferred over.

Thread Information