5E Character Create Playlist

2e ruleset Item effects for 5e ruleset?

Posted in the wrong forum originally. Doh!.

Has anyone created an extension that replicates the Item properties of the 2nd edition ruleset for 5e? I'd love to be able to utilize this in my games. The ability to have a healing potion just give the players a healing button to use would be SO handy.. not to mention all of the other potions, etc...

Quote Originally Posted by Dr0W View Post
    Nah, that adds an effect to the character. I have that one.

In 2e, items have tabs on them. One of the tabs is Powers. Whenever you equip that item, it puts the power on that tab on your character's powers list. So if you pick up a healing potion and equip it, it gives you a healing power that lets you roll.
    (see attached)
    Capture.JPG

It's very handy

Quote Originally Posted by ScriedRaven View Post
    Kit N Kaboodle has that feature
    You are my hero. No matter what everyone else says.

Quote Originally Posted by Makabriel View Post
    Nah, that adds an effect to the character. I have that one.

In 2e, items have tabs on them. One of the tabs is Powers. Whenever you equip that item, it puts the power on that tab on your character's powers list. So if you pick up a healing potion and equip it, it gives you a healing power that lets you roll.
    (see attached)

It's very handy
    The extension that DrOW linked for you does exactly what the 2e ruleset does in 5e, and so does exactly what you asked for. It was written by Celestian the author of the 2e ruleset. So it does in fact add actions to items, NPCs and players.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    The extension that DrOW linked for you does exactly what the 2e ruleset does in 5e, and so does exactly what you asked for. It was written by Celestian the author of the 2e ruleset. So it does in fact add actions to items, NPCs and players.
    Hmmm not that I could figure out. Only thing it did for me is add an effect line to the object that you could ... add an effect to. For healing, all I could do is add a flat value.
    Capture.JPG

Kit&Kaboodle had exactly what I was looking for
    Capture.JPG

Thread Information