5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Feature Request: Move Hot bar to top of screen

Understanding that a limitation on application access with Unity is preventing FGU from running in full screen mode, please consider moving the hot bar to the top of screen. It's current position is causing multiple delays in my game as when I try to click on the hot bar it ends up conflicting with the task bar on my Windows 10 machine. It's become enough of an annoyance that I decided to write this post. Thanks.

That would create an awful lot of issues with player portraits and the sidebar menu. In what way is it conflicting with your taskbar? Unity sits above the taskbar for me and there's no conflict that I'm seeing.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Wish List link is in Mr Z's signature. Also know that you can move or hide the Windows task bar.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Respectfully, I don't think it would cause an issue with portraits. I use the the better menus extension and that sits above the portraits in the top left corner. Besides, the recent update allows the movement of portraits.

As far as the issue, ever since I moved from classic to unity choosing an item from the hot bar has become an intermittent competition with my taskbar (i.e., the taskbar comes up over the hot bar items). It's gotten to the point of being annoying like a mosquito bite. If there's a technical reason it can't change, I get it. But with the loss of full screen mode, it would definitely be a quality of life improvement.

Forgot to mention (the other post reminded me), I was searching for the feature request portal and could only find a link to a closed project. Would you consider adding a sticky to the top of the tavern with the link? Thanks.

If you right click on your taskbar and select settings you can switch on Lock Taskbar which means that your taskbar will always display and you don't need to then mouse over the bottom of your window to get the taskbar up. You can then position your Unity screen so that it sits above the taskbar. If having the taskbar hidden is important to you then position the Unity window so that it doesn't go all the way to the bottom of the screen. But if none of that helps you for whatever reason then as LE suggests above add it to the wish list.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thanks for the suggestions (and the sticky!)

I think the feature request should be "Allow users to move the hotbar" (can we not?), not just blanket move it for everyone.
    aka Laendra

(Discord: Laendra#9660)
    Ultimate license (FGC/FGU)
    Current Timezone : Central (CDT) (GMT -5)
    OP: 3317036507 / 2369539

My opinions are my own and represent no entity other than myself

Extension Support Discord: https://discord.gg/gKgC7nGpZK

Extensions = risk to your gaming experience. If you haven't tested out the extensions in your campaign before your gaming session, turn them off. If you don't backup your campaigns regularly, you're doing it wrong.

I have grown comfortable with the hot bar at the bottom. If anything a feature to allow players to position their hotbar where they choose.

Quote Originally Posted by deer_buster View Post
    I think the feature request should be "Allow users to move the hotbar" (can we not?), not just blanket move it for everyone.
    The hotbar is not on the ruleset layer of code and is not accessible with the front end codebase.
    Dominic Morta
    Ruleset Developer
    Smiteworks

How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it-How to zip up your campaign if the Developers ask for it

How to provide an Unity Connection issue?-Connection Issues and What to Provide

Unity Updater issue?-Updater Issues

Classic and Unity Port Forwarding?-Fantasy Grounds Connections Explained

Comcast or Cox ISP User?-Comcast XFinity and Cox Users

Have a suggestion?-Feature Request

Thread Information