Starfinder Playlist
    Chandler, AZ (near Phoenix) UTC/GMT -7 hours

Default Font Size for the chat window with FG2

One of my players is partially blind. Is there a way to increase the font size in the chat box of FG2? I've done some searching on the forums and I have seen some older threads (pre FG2) that talk about having to modify rulesets and working with a file called (bmpfonts.xml) which I havent been able to find. Is the old method of working with bmpfonts.xml and the font generator utility still applicable to FG2? Is there a chance that modifying the font size for the chat window will be incorporated into FG at some future point? Also I'm assuming that if the way to modify FG2 is to still use the font generator utility and the bmpfonts.xml file that if I pursue that route it will modify the default font size for ALL players and me (the GM)? Meaning I need a way that the blind person can have large text but all the other players including myself can have a normal sized text.

Thanks
    UTC/GMT -7 hours Chandler, Arizona USA

There is a tool named FGfontgenerator.exe here at the boards that creates the fonts at a desired size and saves them as *.fgf format.

... this can then be set by the bmpfont.xml in your application data folder. (Linked from the FG2 folder on your start-menu for your convenience)

Process to replace is the same as under FG1. Had to do this for my own rulesets as well since I run them on the TV for everyone to see.

*grins and no longer can resist the temptation* Blood and soul! Blood and soul for Arioch!
    For your Ars Magica needs :
    https://fgrepository.com

Atque in perpetuum frater, Ave atque vale.

Chandler, AZ (near Phoenix) UTC/GMT -7 hours
    Thanks for the info. Much appreciated. I dont know that much about modifying the ruleset, yet.

Can the player (client) create his own ruleset that incorporates this font change or does the ruleset come from the DM (server) and all clients would then be forced to use the larger font size?

Thanks
    UTC/GMT -7 hours Chandler, Arizona USA

Well all clients will be forced to use the larger font unless you do some LUA programming. You could arrange it so for a certain username that person gets a different chatfont by editing the chat functions but it would be a bit of work. It is possible though.

Thread Information