DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 7 of 9 First ... 56789 Last
    I've been using the old 5e coin weight extension that's been around forever (now defunct after the last update). What I liked about it was the it added two boxes per coin, one was for carried and the other was for not carried. Does this extension allow for a way to account for the fact that most party members will keep some amount of coin on their person, but may "stash away" the bulk of heavy coins somewhere (pack animal, party headquarters, etc...). The players like to have those coins still accounted for on their sheets.

Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    I've been using the old 5e coin weight extension that's been around forever (now defunct after the last update). What I liked about it was the it added two boxes per coin, one was for carried and the other was for not carried. Does this extension allow for a way to account for the fact that most party members will keep some amount of coin on their person, but may "stash away" the bulk of heavy coins somewhere (pack animal, party headquarters, etc...). The players like to have those coins still accounted for on their sheets.
    I think that is best tracked in the Treasure notes field. While this extension does allow you to negate all coin weight, it would need pretty significant UI changes to do partial weight (and I didn't like the old UI with two number columns).

I have made edits to an older version of Coins Weight (1.8) to add a bank feature, similar to what eporrini describes. Instead of using an extra text field, you create extra items entirely with the word "bank" in it. The feature simply detects that string, and counts it as a separate total.

Technically, you can do this with the newish built-in coin weight feature, duplicate each coin denomination, add "bank" to their name, and set the weight to 0. The extension is still needed to count all the coins, I made it so the carried total shows in the inventory and the total amount shown in the notes for that inventory item.

If that sounds like a better way to provide that feature, I can work on integrating that into the latest version.

EX:
    Screenshot 2022-11-04 103406.png
    Last edited by skorski; November 4th, 2022 at 15:35.

Quote Originally Posted by skorski View Post
    Technically, you can do this with the newish built-in coin weight feature, duplicate each coin denomination, add "bank" to their name, and set the weight to 0. The extension is still needed to count all the coins, I made it so the carried total shows in the inventory and the total amount shown in the notes for that inventory item.
    I think this is the best solution since it allows people to use whatever notation they want like "gp horse" if they have money in saddlebags.
    That's a great solution I hadn't thought of, and it still allows users to utilize the "total wealth" function if they want.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    I think this is the best solution since it allows people to use whatever notation they want like "gp horse" if they have money in saddlebags.
    That's a great solution I hadn't thought of, and it still allows users to utilize the "total wealth" function if they want.
    Is this something that will get added to the coinweight existing extension or if we want to ultilize that feature we need reach out to skorski to use?

Quote Originally Posted by eporrini View Post
    Is this something that will get added to the coinweight existing extension or if we want to ultilize that feature we need reach out to skorski to use?
    It's something that you can even do without the coin weight extension.
    I'll make a video.

I didn't make a video but I think this explains it

Untitled.png

If you want the 'banked' currencies grouped together you can just use names like "weightless pp", "weightless gp", etc to make them at the bottom of the list.

For PF2, could it be made to round down to the nearest tenth (e.g. 5.93 would round down to 5.9)? PF2's bulk rules only allow for whole number bulks (1, 2, 3, etc.) or light built (which is 1/10th of 1 bulk). Changing this to rounding down to the nearest 10th would make it easier for players to balance their bulk limits and prevent the Total Bulk field from overrunning the space. Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by scottbrown View Post
    For PF2, could it be made to round down to the nearest tenth (e.g. 5.93 would round down to 5.9)? PF2's bulk rules only allow for whole number bulks (1, 2, 3, etc.) or light built (which is 1/10th of 1 bulk). Changing this to rounding down to the nearest 10th would make it easier for players to balance their bulk limits and prevent the Total Bulk field from overrunning the space. Thanks!
    Can you send a picture of it overrunning that field? I have programmed it not to, but maybe PF2 has a narrower field?

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Can you send a picture of it overrunning that field? I have programmed it not to, but maybe PF2 has a narrower field?
    Screen Shot 02-05-23 at 09.49 PM.PNG

Sure! Any way PF2 can round down the Total bulk in this screenshot to 4.9?

Thread Information