5E Character Create Playlist

Purchased book not showing up!!

Hey, I just bought my first book on Fantasy Grounds and it's not showing up when I go to the module. Any reason for that? I bought Pathfinder 2E Advanced Player Guide for those wondering. I already have the first book, so I don't really want to double-dip. Will the second book work without it?
    Last edited by Moon Wizard; March 30th, 2021 at 04:50.

Have you ran an update?

If you bought from Steam have you synchronized your Steam account with FG? Information here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...eamAccount.xcp
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Also make sure to run the update process after you purchase something.

Quote Originally Posted by EverlyWyatt View Post
    I already have the first book, so I don't really want to double-dip. Will the second book work without it?
    I take it you mean you have the physical copy of the first book. To answer your question, yes, it will work without the FG version ofthe Core Rules, as it states in the requirements “Requires: An active subscription or a one time purchase of a Fantasy Grounds Full or Ultimate license and the included Pathfinder 2.0 ruleset.”

However, the included Pathfinder ruleset is just the OGL version of the rules, with a subset of the classes, races, etc. So you will not have all the content of the Core Rules, just the subset, plus all the new classes, feats, spells and items from the Advanced Players Guide.

Quote Originally Posted by johnecc View Post
    I take it you mean you have the physical copy of the first book. To answer your question, yes, it will work without the FG version ofthe Core Rules, as it states in the requirements “Requires: An active subscription or a one time purchase of a Fantasy Grounds Full or Ultimate license and the included Pathfinder 2.0 ruleset.”

However, the included Pathfinder ruleset is just the OGL version of the rules, with a subset of the classes, races, etc. So you will not have all the content of the Core Rules, just the subset, plus all the new classes, feats, spells and items from the Advanced Players Guide.
    Note that there is OGL material for Pathfinder 1e, not Pathfinder 2e.

The PF2e Advanced Player's Guide will "work" without the Core Rules, but Paizo's design assumes you have it - you won't have access to some feats and some base ancestries that are expanded upon in the guide.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information