DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    It isn't as ridiculous as you would think to be taking such breaks after taking damage in battle.

As a rule it doesn't require many (or any) rolls as it progresses.

- Players get to a point where their lower tier treat wounds almost auto succeed.
    - Assurance means no rolls need be made
    - Ward medic means one roll for an entire party per period

The system assumes players will be at or near full health for most fights, it takes some getting used to but it keeps the balance where it should be. And I must say, the balance is an area that PF2e shines in (especially at later levels).

I meant the whole refocus to keep the focus pool mostly full mechanism. Players try to meta-game two mechanics into one to save time. Instead of spending 10 minutes on tending wounds and resting plus another 10 minutes to meditate and refocus that one example of the cleric combining both is stuck in their mindset.

I would say refocusing while performing another activity is a grey one. Can you do two activities at once ie Refocus and Treat Wounds? I would see the argument as no, same way you can't do two Exploration activities at once.
    But if you think that's ok then maybe for a cleric of a healing deity (eg Sarenrae) then sure, spending 10 minutes healing the injured is in line with their deities doctrine and I'd permit it as a counting as a Refocus activity. Not so much for a cleric of a battle deity (eg Gorum).
    I have a bard as the healer in my current game and he knows that Treat Wounds is a very different way to spend 10 minutes than engaging with his Muse to refocus.

Player like to remember the "can do" examples of rulebooks ("do service toward their causes", "a cleric with focus spells
    from a good deity can usually Refocus while tending the wounds of their allies"), not the "you are missing another pair of arms to do that" ones.

I had only let a cleric Refocus when Treating Wounds because he was a cleric of a deity of healing and had the Heal domain. Otherwise, Refocus should involve an activity connected to the cleric's domains and deity.
    -------------------------
    CST (GMT -6)

Thread Information