DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Vision script error

[Error] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager vision.lua"]:127 attempt to compare number with string

EDIT: Moved to new thread.

Usually, you will want to post any error reports in their own thread; so the discussion doesn't get mixed together with other discussions.

Can you provide more information on the steps to recreate this issue?

Starfinder now uses the same effect code as all the other rulesets using v4.1 beta for vision effects; and I'm not seeing this as a general issue.

Thanks,
    JPG

I simply loaded up Fantasy Grounds, I have fly free or die #1 loaded. I went to story. opened event 1 and opened the map and the error popped up in the console.

The error pops up when you add the encounter to the map. the Space Goblins trigger it.

Just add the encounter to the map and you will see all the errors that pop up.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by msbranin; March 18th, 2021 at 04:46.

I just popped open my test Starfinder campaign; loaded that module; opened the map; and dropped a PC on the map. I did not get any errors.

I might need to get copy of campaign folder zipped up; or at least a picture of the effects assigned to the characters in the combat tracker.

Regards,
    JPG

no Effects are currently added as I have only just installed the test version But I will zip up the campaign. the errors only pop up when I drop the space goblin on the map.
    Attached Files Attached Files

That was the key; adding the first encounter triggered the error so I could view. It's a general error in the CoreRPG code; so I'll be pushing a fix for it in the next lighting build which should be by end of week.

Regards,
    JPG

ok Am I doing something wrong? I have vision set up on mantis and I gave her a torch as well but Everyone is seeing only black on the map..

Mantis effects
    Capture.PNG

Map view
    Capture2.PNG

Don't put brackets around the number. The brackets in the example are meant to indicate optional tags.

Regards,
    JPG

What do you add to the tokens to give just plain vision and do I have to add vision to all pcs and npcs? And if I have to add token visionto each token, do i still put dd's arvision60onthe senses tab of the character sheet? Is there a walkthrough of what we need to do to add lighting to a map?

Plain vision is included on all tokens by default. You can toggle plain vision in the API; and this is linked to the "Blinded" effect currently. You can also limit plain vision by using a vision effect with no type information (i.e. "VISION: 60"); but that's a special case usage and not part of Starfinder per se.

If you put darkvision on the Senses field of a PC or NPC; you don't need to add any effects; that should be picked up by the ruleset.

Lighting is still in beta testing. There is a whole section in the image control panel for controlling lighting and vision. (Looks like a light bulb icon.)
    Here are some wiki entries we've been working on as well:
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...aps+and+Tokens
    https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...Vision+on+Maps

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information