STAR TREK 2d20

Pulp Cthulhu Adventures

So I am looking at picking up Pulp Cthulhu since my group is a more action focused group, but has been interested in CoC for a while now. However I don't see any adventures designed specifically for PC. Are their any that I am missing? Can you run a regular CoC adventure as a PC adventure (add some more monsters, fighting, etc.) Any help would be apreciated.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerDad79 View Post
    So I am looking at picking up Pulp Cthulhu since my group is a more action focused group, but has been interested in CoC for a while now. However I don't see any adventures designed specifically for PC. Are their any that I am missing? Can you run a regular CoC adventure as a PC adventure (add some more monsters, fighting, etc.) Any help would be apreciated.
    We're currently doing this. There are 3 adventures in the Pulp Cthulhu book itself to get you going. I'm currently running The Two-Headed Serpent. Purchasing directly from Chaosium gives you the book and the pdf, which I use to copy and paste into my homebrew. It has been really easy.

Pulp Cthulhu works perfectly well for regular Cthulhu adventures. It just makes the characters beefier.

The default play style for regular Cthulhu is low-powered 1920s, but the default for Pulp is a bit more sci-fi-ish 1930s through 50s. Think Indiana Jones & the Crystal Skull vs Raiders of the Lost Ark. The styles are slightly different, but can easily be adjusted back and forth between the two systems. Also, Pulp has rules for low pulp vs high pulp, so it's quite customizable to match your campaign style.

The core rules and mechanics are all the same. Pulp essentially gives the players a some buffs, the big bad enemies some buffs, tweaked luck and death/dying options, and adds a few super powers into the campaign.

Thanks, this actually answers a lot of questions that I had about the system. I have not yet delved into CoC at all, but my group is much more action focused. Can you use Pulp Cthulhu in moderns times?

This helps a bunch, thank you. Is Pulp more action focused for a group that likes combat? Not saying that we are gonna cut out the RP aspect of the original game, but my party members don't want to be killed off left and right lol.

Quote Originally Posted by GamerDad79 View Post
    This helps a bunch, thank you. Is Pulp more action focused for a group that likes combat? Not saying that we are gonna cut out the RP aspect of the original game, but my party members don't want to be killed off left and right lol.
    Generally Pulp Cthulhu focuses on action over investigations, but it's not necessarily all combat. Chases, traps, huge rolling boulders, etc. are all part of that. Just imagine Indiana Jones type adventure.

As to modern...Certainly! This will actually be our next campaign after our current one wraps up. "Pulp" just gives you mechanics to make the system more heroic.
    Last edited by pralix1138; March 20th, 2021 at 20:54. Reason: Clarity

Thread Information