FG Spreadshirt Swag

New Virtual Lighting in FGU and 2D deckplans

MBM, Could you put another plug into Mongoose, to push making
    2D versions of ship plans. Even if we have to buy them, it would be worth it.

The onward rush of VTT tech has taken most VTT's into this virtual lighting
    and Traveller needs to keep up. After watching the video posted by Smiteworks
    on the FGU Kickstarter today about the feature moving to the TEST channel, my
    thought was how cool it would be to be able to use this on Traveller. Imagine
    taking your Travellers into a derelict, ship with only vacuum suit lights, wandering
    around the darkened corridor waiting for the critter with the munchies to pop out of the darkness
    when a hatch is unlocked. (I know this would be useful in Pirate of Drinax, and Great
    Rift campaigns). Face it, darkened ship corridors are the dungeons of Traveller.

We really do need 2D plans for the standard MGTE2 ships, especially
    when you have locked and unlocked Hatch doors and airlocks using the FGU door mapping capabilities.

Thanks
    Chumbly

Great job MBM... I love that the ships combat and ship cargo capabilities are
    coming to fruition.

chumbly,If you are able to make it we will be hosting Matthew Sprange from Mongoose Publishing for another symposium at the Fantasy Grounds College.

MGT Symposium Registration Link

Chumbly,

I was going to suggest that FGC are doing another chat with Matt and myself.

I would love an official full colour map pack, and ship maps, Matt has said they're looking into this for the new 2300AD coming as he understands the pain (and mentioned my pain) with maps. As with a lot of smaller companies, they focus on turning over revenue, but they also license Traveller and I'm sure they'd look at supporting someone else with mapping skills producing something official.

Worth asking maybe.
    Cheers,
    MBM
    Ruleset and much more content built for FGU.
    Come join me on Twitter at: https://twitter.com/MadBeardMan to see what I'm up to!

Mongoose has already made all the deckplans in core and highguard available in 2d on their site.

You can use them just as you would any other image assets in FGU (i Do).

Quote Originally Posted by adzling View Post
    Mongoose has already made all the deckplans in core and highguard available in 2d on their site.

You can use them just as you would any other image assets in FGU (i Do).
    Can you post a link, I can't seem to locate them? Many thanks.

Doh! Found it. For reference.

https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/p...edeckplans.pdf
    Last edited by The Canterbury Tail; March 18th, 2021 at 19:18.
    Just once I would like someone to call me "Sir," without adding "you're making a scene."

Quote Originally Posted by The Canterbury Tail View Post
    Can you post a link, I can't seem to locate them? Many thanks.

Doh! Found it. For reference.

https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/p...edeckplans.pdf
    Also

https://www.mongoosepublishing.com/pdf/highguard2d.zip

Google works well, suggest using it.

For example: mongoose traveller 2d deck plans

On a side note, this month I'm currently working on two art packs for creating spaceships, interior and exterior.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatmough View Post
    On a side note, this month I'm currently working on two art packs for creating spaceships, interior and exterior.
    That's great news, will be very helpful. Thanks for the heads up.

Thread Information