DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Combat Tracker Issues in 2e FGU

I was running my campaign last night, and my players kept mentioning old monsters from previous sessions showing up in their CT. There was absolutely nothing in my CT except for the PCs and the current villain. They could target these old mobs, attack them, damage them, etc, but there was absolutely nothing on my side.

I logged in to my campaign server today, loaded up the DM CT, then joined as a player and pulled up the Player CT. Sure enough...old monsters are showing up on the Player CT.

Anyone know how to remove these critters? They don't affect game play from the DM side, other than my players accidentally targeting one during combat causing a lot of die "dropping" into the CT.

Screenshot attached. Player CT on the right, DM on the left. Made sure to include the chat so you could see there are no extensions loaded other than 2e.

Nobody mentioned any error logs when they interacted with these old mobs.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by gbhenderson View Post
    I was running my campaign last night, and my players kept mentioning old monsters from previous sessions showing up in their CT. There was absolutely nothing in my CT except for the PCs and the current villain. They could target these old mobs, attack them, damage them, etc, but there was absolutely nothing on my side.

I logged in to my campaign server today, loaded up the DM CT, then joined as a player and pulled up the Player CT. Sure enough...old monsters are showing up on the Player CT.

Anyone know how to remove these critters? They don't affect game play from the DM side, other than my players accidentally targeting one during combat causing a lot of die "dropping" into the CT.

Screenshot attached. Player CT on the right, DM on the left. Made sure to include the chat so you could see there are no extensions loaded other than 2e.

Nobody mentioned any error logs when they interacted with these old mobs.
    This is because of the same issue we discussed before. Using "/ctshow all" will reveal them.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Documentation for AD&D 2E ruleset.
    Custom Maps (I2, S4, T1-4, Barrowmaze,Lost City of Barakus)
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

That fixed it. Thanks Celestian.

Quick question. Are there any other hidden commands that could remedy some of these issues before I come running here for help? I had made a "/saclean all" hotkey after someone suggested that command to me, but it wasn't working. Now I have "/ctshow all" hotkeyed (thanks again).

That fixed it. Thanks Celestian.

Quick question. Are there any other hidden commands that could remedy some of these issues before I come running here for help? I had made a "/saclean all" hotkey after someone suggested that command to me, but it wasn't working. Now I have "/ctshow all" hotkeyed (thanks again).
    If you have tokens vanish for you and show up for players I'd really like to know the process you're using for that to happen. It should not happen so would like to know. Particularly if you are not using the active/deactive tokens... at some point somewhere tokens were deactivated is my guess but they should not be showing in players view if they dont show in yours.

To be honest that command is really a debug command left in. It should not be necessary.... so thats why it's not more widespread knowledge.
    ---
    Fantasy Grounds AD&D Reference Bundle, AD&D Adventure Bundle 1, AD&D Adventure Bundle 2
    Note: Please do not message me directly on this site, post in the forums or ping me in FG's discord.

My process: I'll open a map, spawn NPCs from an Encounter into the CT, drag the red helmet from the bottom of the CT to the map, and then positition the tokens. I click the red "-" button next to dead NPCs in the CT as they die to declutter things, and delete all tokens from the map at the end of the battle.

This is the only thing I can think of that happened. Those particular mobs were left over from a battle we had right after that update messed up the CT. We had an excessive amount of lag that night. I may have accidentally clicked on deactivate while I was trying to move tokens with the herky jerky cursor.

My process: I'll open a map, spawn NPCs from an Encounter into the CT, drag the red helmet from the bottom of the CT to the map, and then positition the tokens. I click the red "-" button next to dead NPCs in the CT as they die to declutter things, and delete all tokens from the map at the end of the battle.

This is the only thing I can think of that happened. Those particular mobs were left over from a battle we had right after that update messed up the CT. We had an excessive amount of lag that night. I may have accidentally clicked on deactivate while I was trying to move tokens with the herky jerky cursor.
    The first section is typical I think so shouldn't have caused any issues. If you see this happen again and you're noting how it happened please let me know.
    ---

Thread Information