DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Conditions that are relative to other characters

There are a number of conditions that would be relative to another character. The most obvious ones are the detection level conditions, where you are hidden from a specific set of characters. Is there any way to implement this?

Use effect/condition targeting.

Add the condition to an actor in the CT (Combat Tracker) then drag the effect targeting icon (next to this effect in the Ct) to the actors that the condition applies to.

More info in the "targets" section here: https://fantasygroundsunity.atlassia...Combat-Tracker
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Awesome, thanks! Is there a way to automate this in a spell action? For example, have an effect applied to self with the effect's targets being your current targets? Or apply an effect to your current targets with the effect target being yourself?

So it gets a little complex here - and I can never remember exactly how it all works... (I don't play much!)

If you have an effect on your character sheet (or the NPC sheet) it will have a target of either "TRGT" (Target) or "SELF". If you hold SHIFT and drag the effect button to an actor on the CT then it will apply the effect, with effect targeting, as follows:

If the effect is set to "Target" then the actor who will apply the effect (the "source") must have a target already set. Hold shift and drag the effect to an actor in the combat tracker - the effect will be applied to the original target, but it will have a "Targets" entry of the actor that the effect was dropped on.

If you have the effect set to "Self", then hold SHIFT and drag the effect to the actor on the CT that you want this effect to apply it. It will be added to yourself, but with "Targets" of the actor you dropped the effect on.

Quote Originally Posted by flashgordon View Post
    For example, have an effect applied to self with the effect's targets being your current targets?
    Hold shift and drag the "self" targeted effect to the actor you want this to apply to. Do multiple SHIFT-drags for each actor it applies to - as the effect is set to "self" you can't use multiple target selection for this.

Or apply an effect to your current targets with the effect target being yourself?
    Have an effect that is set to "Targets", target the actor's, hold SHIFT and drag the effect to you in the CT.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

It would be awesome if, in a future release, we could automate the application of effect targets when clicking on the effect buttons, or when using the new "Apply all effects from this spell/ability" button. I know there was a feature request website, but I'm not sure where it is anymore.

It would be awesome if, in a future release, we could automate the application of effect targets when clicking on the effect buttons, or when using the new "Apply all effects from this spell/ability" button. I know there was a feature request website, but I'm not sure where it is anymore.
    Functionally, how would you "automate" such a feature? To "target" an effect, you need two different targets - where the effect will reside, and who the effect will apply to.

There are already two ways to do this:
    1) Apply an effect to a target and then target that effect.
    2) Hold shift and drag an effect to an entry in the CT and that is used as the "effect applies to" target with where the effect resides being the original effect target.

The only other approach I can think of is to do two-step targeting (e.g. select the target of the effect and then select who the effect applies to and then apply the effect); which is no more streamlined or automated than the other two options available now.

What I was thinking was that there would be 2 new Targeting options in the Spell/Ability Effect dialog:

Self w/ Targets as Effect Target
    Targets w/ Self as Effect Target

When clicking on the apply effect button, it already has the context of self and targets, so I would hope that could be used to set things up properly.

What I was thinking was that there would be 2 new Targeting options in the Spell/Ability Effect dialog:

Self w/ Targets as Effect Target
    Targets w/ Self as Effect Target

When clicking on the apply effect button, it already has the context of self and targets, so I would hope that could be used to set things up properly.
    Good idea! Unfortunately that's not up to me to develop - it would have to implemented in the CoreRPG code. Please add to the FG wishlist here: https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Too bad that effect targeting only seems to work with shift-dragging, but not with shift-clicking.

Thread Information