DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Thread: 5e Reactions

5e Reactions

Here's an extension for 5e to help tracking certain reaction based effects/features and spells.

Forge Link

Try it out and let me know how you get on. Full(ish) instructions are on the forge page.

Cheers, Steve.

P.S. This extension supercedes my original shield & reaction extension. So I suggest not using that if you use this extension. The shield & reaction extension will ultimately be delisted once you guys have play-tested this one
    Last edited by Stv; March 31st, 2023 at 20:35.

I forgot to add in the previous post...
    A massive thank you to Nighthag Games for the custom icons and graphics used in this extension.
    Keep an eye out for some adventures and things coming from those guys in the future.

Cheers, Steve.

I can say from experiance that it is awesome!

This extension looks amazing!

Quick question; is this mean to be used in ADDITION to your Shield & Reaction extension, or INSTEAD of it?

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Decisive View Post
    This extension looks amazing!

Quick question; is this mean to be used in ADDITION to your Shield & Reaction extension, or INSTEAD of it?
    I just found the answer to this (Use instead) as soon as I posted it. Nevermind!

OA is one of the most used reactions. So this is just a thought: Is it possible to make it so if the player selects opportunity from the modifier buttons and attacks it will either complete it and check the reaction or tell them they can not due to not have a available reaction?

Otherwise it is working good.

Leave that one with me, I'll see what I can do. It won't be immediate though as I've a game on tonight.

Cheers, Steve.

*edit*
    Glad to hear it's working for you so far
    Last edited by Stv; April 1st, 2023 at 14:39.

Quote Originally Posted by Stv View Post
    Leave that one with me, I'll see what I can do. It won't be immediate though as I've a game on tonight.

Cheers, Steve.

*edit*
    Glad to hear it's working for you so far
    No rush. Sounds good! My players can't live without this ext

Is there a way to check for the distance from the attacker/target? I'm specifically thinking of the Rune Knight class, since have a couple of reactions that have a specific range where they can be used (Runic Shield, and Cloud Rune).
    This also goes for features like Interception fighting style, and I'm sure most other reactions have some kind of distance requirement. It'd be neat if you could specify distance to the target or the source of the trigger in the custom effects, as a maximum distance that would trigger the effect.

The Retaliation feature in the extension checks to ensure if you're within 5 feet currently,as do the other feats/features I've coded for that have distance constraints. I'll have a look through the other stuff to see if range triggers need to be added.

Cheers, Steve.
    Last edited by Stv; April 2nd, 2023 at 18:38.

Thread Information