DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 14 of 17 First ... 41213141516 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    This extension provides support for extraplanar containers by ignoring the weight of carried (but not equipped) items in supported contaners.

Extension Homepage, README, and Codebase
    FantasyGrounds Forge
    Ext Files and Changelog
    License Information
    Bug Tracker and Suggestions

To avoid my threads taking over the PF1e subforum, I publish most updates in my combo thread (with only major updates in this individual thread which is primarily for discussion and bug reports). To ensure you're kept informed of future updates, either subscribe to that thread (for updates to all my extensions) or create a GitHub account and follow the specific repository of each extension you use. Or just check the releases linked in the first post of the thread periodically.

To add custom container search terms, you can download and customize this extension (it needs to be used alongside the full Extraplanar Containers extension):
    Editing this used to work, however, I think I am struggling with the Forge adding this vs having a local copy of the ext in my extensions directory.

I wanted to make sure I had the latest file from the forge so I deleted my extensions for my extensions folder.

They updated and this one was working, however, it no longer appears in my folder and seemingly now ignores any new changes to this custom config file.

I went to the git hub page and manually downloaded and added it but still no luck. Any ideas?

--
    -- Please see the LICENSE.md file included with this distribution for attribution and copyright information.
    --

function onInit()
    table.insert(ExtraplanarContainers.tContainers, 'belt')
    table.insert(ExtraplanarContainers.tContainers, 'box')
    table.insert(ExtraplanarContainers.tContainers, 'case')
    table.insert(ExtraplanarContainers.tContainers, 'chest')
    table.insert(ExtraplanarContainers.tContainers, 'cofffer')
    table.insert(ExtraplanarContainers.tContainers, 'handbag')
    table.insert(ExtraplanarContainers.tContainers, 'outfit')
    table.insert(ExtraplanarContainers.tContainers, 'mount')
    table.insert(ExtraplanarContainers.tContainers, 'purse')
    table.insert(ExtraplanarContainers.tContainers, 'sack')
    table.insert(ExtraplanarContainers.tContainers, 'saddlebags')
    table.insert(ExtraplanarContainers.tContainers, 'spellbook')
    table.insert(ExtraplanarContainers.tContainers, 'vest')
    table.insert(ExtraplanarContainers.tContainers, 'Wayfinder')

table.insert(ExtraplanarContainers.tExtraplanarCon tainers, 'bank')
    table.insert(ExtraplanarContainers.tExtraplanarCon tainers, 'boat')
    table.insert(ExtraplanarContainers.tExtraplanarCon tainers, 'dog')
    table.insert(ExtraplanarContainers.tExtraplanarCon tainers, 'horse')
    table.insert(ExtraplanarContainers.tExtraplanarCon tainers, 'house')
    table.insert(ExtraplanarContainers.tExtraplanarCon tainers, 'mount')
    table.insert(ExtraplanarContainers.tExtraplanarCon tainers, 'ship')
    table.insert(ExtraplanarContainers.tExtraplanarCon tainers, 'all tool Vest')

end

The second set has a typo where you have a space in the word Containers so it's "Con tainers"
    I'd also suggest you delete the Extraplanar Containers ext file (so that you always have the latest from Forge) and just keep your custom config ext file.
    I just confirmed that the latest extension version is working.

The second set has a typo where you have a space in the word Containers so it's "Con tainers"
    I'd also suggest you delete the Extraplanar Containers ext file (so that you always have the latest from Forge) and just keep your custom config ext file.
    I just confirmed that the latest extension version is working.
    So when I delete the extension from my extension folder, it never returns. Only the customcontainers.lua remains
    When I look at the customcontainers.lua, I do not see the typo in Notepad or Notepad++
    2023-06-03 PFRPG -Extraplanar.png

My extensions download to the vault to avoid the confusion of "did I install this manually or from the Forge?" so it's normal not to see it in the extensions folder.

I think you have shown the problem. You can't load a lua file in FG except as part of an extension or ruleset.
    In your extensions folder, you should have a file called FG-CoreRPG-Extraplanar-Containers-Custom-Config.ext. Inside of this should be everything that comes in that file from the first post.
    You can make changes to the customcontainers.lua file, but it has to stay inside the ext file.

My extensions download to the vault to avoid the confusion of "did I install this manually or from the Forge?" so it's normal not to see it in the extensions folder.

I think you have shown the problem. You can't load a lua file in FG except as part of an extension or ruleset.
    In your extensions folder, you should have a file called FG-CoreRPG-Extraplanar-Containers-Custom-Config.ext. Inside of this should be everything that comes in that file from the first post.
    You can make changes to the customcontainers.lua file, but it has to stay inside the ext file.
    Understood, the Forge places extensions in the Vault folder and is no longer placed in the extensions folder.
    Per your instructions, my FG-CoreRPG-Extraplanar-Containers-Custom-Config.ext is inside the extensions folder

When I edited the FG-CoreRPG-Extraplanar-Containers-Custom-Config.ext file when I did not have the forge version, the edits functioned as anticipated, however, now that I have the forge version, it appears my edits do not function any longer.
    I verified there were no typo in the file.

When I edit that file, I rename it to .zip and extract the contents.

I open the .lua file in Notepad ++. I make my edits and save the file, then re-zip the folder, rename the zip file back to .ext, and replace the file in the extensions folder. (I presume this is how it should be done?)

For now, I will continue to test or forgo editing the file and simply include the word (container) in any item name that fails to function as expected. This has the desired functionality of making the item collapsable.
    Last edited by The Judge; June 4th, 2023 at 20:53.

Quote Originally Posted by The Judge View Post
    Understood, the Forge places extensions in the Vault folder and is no longer placed in the extensions folder.
    Per your instructions, my FG-CoreRPG-Extraplanar-Containers-Custom-Config.ext is inside the extensions folder

When I edited the FG-CoreRPG-Extraplanar-Containers-Custom-Config.ext file when I did not have the forge version, the edits functioned as anticipated, however, now that I have the forge version, it appears my edits do not function any longer.
    I verified there were no typo in the file.

When I edit that file, I rename it to .zip and extract the contents.

I open the .lua file in Notepad ++. I make my edits and save the file, then re-zip the folder, rename the zip file back to .ext, and replace the file in the extensions folder. (I presume this is how it should be done?)

For now, I will continue to test or forgo editing the file and simply include the word (container) in any item name that files to function as expected. This has the desired functionality of making the item collapsable.
    Can you attach your edited ext file here?
    Another solution: you don't have to zip the folder back up. Just move the FG-CoreRPG-Extraplanar-Containers-Custom-Config folder into the extensions folder and delete the FG-CoreRPG-Extraplanar-Containers-Custom-Config.ext file. Then changes are very easy.

Can you attach your edited ext file here?
    Another solution: you don't have to zip the folder back up. Just move the FG-CoreRPG-Extraplanar-Containers-Custom-Config folder into the extensions folder and delete the FG-CoreRPG-Extraplanar-Containers-Custom-Config.ext file. Then changes are very easy.
    Here is the ext file
    Attached Files Attached Files

That's what I figured, you have an extra folder in there because you zipped up the FG-CoreRPG-Extraplanar-Containers-Custom-Config folder instead of its contents.
    So just drag the folder out of the zip into your extensions folder and it should work ok. Don't forget to load it in the FG launcher.

That's what I figured, you have an extra folder in there because you zipped up the FG-CoreRPG-Extraplanar-Containers-Custom-Config folder instead of its contents.
    So just drag the folder out of the zip into your extensions folder and it should work ok. Don't forget to load it in the FG launcher.
    Thank you sir, the folder in the folder was the issue.

Quote Originally Posted by JackBroady View Post
    Could this be made to work for the Starfinder equivalent of bags of holding? (Null-Space Chambers)
    Yeah, I'd also really like to know if it's possible to get this extension to work with the Starfinder ruleset?
    Native Texan. Tabletop Gaming since 1977. Ultimate License holder. Life-long Trekkie. Traveller fanatic. Die-hard Savage. OSR enthusiast. 1930's Pulp aficionado.
    Currently Running:
    Cypher System: Shotguns, Sorcery & Shenanigans
    Currently Playing:
    Shadowdark: ShadowRim Excursion
    Savage Worlds: Hell Divers
    Ambition & Avarice: Maelstrom Island
    Time Zone: Central Daylight Time (GMT-5)

Thread Information