DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 9 of 17 First ... 7891011 ... Last
    Please explain what the the "Encumbrance: Container/Item Volume" On/Off option does. I can't find any information on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Korenthaus View Post
    Please explain what the the "Encumbrance: Container/Item Volume" On/Off option does. I can't find any information on this.
    Thanks for the nudge. I added this to the README:
    There is also an option "Encumbrance: Container/Item Volume" that allows you to assign exterior dimensions to items and interior dimensions to containers. This can be used to detect edge cases like putting an enormous, but very light, object into a small container.

This EXTN compared to the '5E - Additional Storage (Bag of Holding)' Is it newer ? Replacing ? I ask as I saw lots of comments on the '5E - Additional Storage (Bag of Holding)' from you as I assumed a user of the old extn

Quote Originally Posted by EllivasKram View Post
    This EXTN compared to the '5E - Additional Storage (Bag of Holding)' Is it newer ? Replacing ? I ask as I saw lots of comments on the '5E - Additional Storage (Bag of Holding)' from you as I assumed a user of the old extn
    Technically competitors, I guess (you only need one or the other). I posted over there because some users asked about features that extension didn't have but mine does. I also posted to compliment the author as the approach used in that extension is quite lightweight compared to mine from a performance standpoint. On large inventories, mine is doing a lot more work and that could slow down games on slow computers.

This extension came out of my Total Encumbrance extension that I started back in June 2020 and used to learn programming.
    It eventually got pretty complex and was only for PFRPG, so I broke it into smaller parts so I could bring Extraplanar Containers and Coins Weight to other rulesets (since only the Encumbrance Penalties were PFRPG specific).

Not sure if you are looking for suggested enhancements but one thing that doesn't seem to work are coins (unless I'm doing something wrong). Not sure how difficult it would be but having a little clickable option to the right of the coin boxes to indicate that the coins are in extraplanar storage would eliminate the coin weight when coin weight is normally turned on for non-extraplanar storage. It wouldn't specify which container if a person had more than one but I suspect that really isn't super important. Probably more important to just nullify the weight.

The workaround to this currently is to just not use the coin boxes and create item entries in the inventory that can be attached to the container that holds the coins.

Since there is a workaround, it's not critical but I thought I would make the suggestion in case you were looking for potential enhancements to this.

Thanks for all your work on your extensions, bmos. You are far better than I am when it comes to doing this sort of thing.
    Developer for lots of adventures, particularly 5E, Pathfinder, Starfinder, and Pathfinder 2E

Timezone: US Eastern Time
    Ultimate License Holder

Quote Originally Posted by sciencephile View Post
    Not sure if you are looking for suggested enhancements but one thing that doesn't seem to work are coins (unless I'm doing something wrong). Not sure how difficult it would be but having a little clickable option to the right of the coin boxes to indicate that the coins are in extraplanar storage would eliminate the coin weight when coin weight is normally turned on for non-extraplanar storage. It wouldn't specify which container if a person had more than one but I suspect that really isn't super important. Probably more important to just nullify the weight.

The workaround to this currently is to just not use the coin boxes and create item entries in the inventory that can be attached to the container that holds the coins.

Since there is a workaround, it's not critical but I thought I would make the suggestion in case you were looking for potential enhancements to this.

Thanks for all your work on your extensions, bmos. You are far better than I am when it comes to doing this sort of thing.
    I think you might want to look at my Coins Weight extension. See the link in my sig.

I just grabbed this extension at the Forge, but it's not showing up in the list of Features to select when starting a 3.5E campaign in FGU (v4.2.2). I've run Check for Updates several times, but it's still not showing up.

Quote Originally Posted by timberbeast View Post
    I just grabbed this extension at the Forge, but it's not showing up in the list of Features to select when starting a 3.5E campaign in FGU (v4.2.2). I've run Check for Updates several times, but it's still not showing up.
    Sounds like an FG bug or something, especially since you're having that with multiple extensions.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Sounds like an FG bug or something, especially since you're having that with multiple extensions.
    Could be, but I have downloaded other extensions just fine (Live Hit Points, Item Durability, Enhanced Items, etc.), so not sure why it works for some but not others.
    Last edited by timberbeast; June 18th, 2022 at 19:21.

Just started getting these errors when accessing inventory tab on character sheets, spent an hour shutting off all mods and going through one by one to see what triggered it. Extraplanar Containers seems to be My culprit. Will post more if I find anything else. Here's the error from logs:

[8/15/2022 10:20:04 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_invlist.lua"]:93: attempt to index field 'inventorylist_iedit' (a nil value)
    [8/15/2022 10:20:04 AM] [ERROR] window: No vertical anchor defined for control (inventorylist) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
    [8/15/2022 10:20:04 AM] [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "campaign/scripts/char_invlist.lua"]:93: attempt to index field 'inventorylist_iedit' (a nil value)
    [8/15/2022 10:20:05 AM] [ERROR] window: No vertical anchor defined for control (inventorylist) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
    [8/15/2022 10:20:05 AM] [ERROR] window: No vertical anchor defined for control (inventorylist) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
    [8/15/2022 10:20:31 AM] [ERROR] window: No vertical anchor defined for control (inventorylist) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)
    [8/15/2022 10:20:59 AM] [ERROR] window: No vertical anchor defined for control (inventorylist) in windowclass (charsheet_inventory)

Any advice would be appreciated.
    PS. All other mods on and running no errors, turning extra planar on creates errors. This was not happening 16 hours ago.
    Last edited by Blackwolfe; August 15th, 2022 at 19:48.
    Never violate a woman, nor harm a child. Give aid to those in need when you are able. Never follow thoughts of gain into the pursuit of evil, and never hesitate to kill the villain while you have the chance.

Thread Information