5E Product Walkthrough Playlist

Adding a new damage type to apply vulnerability ?

Hello everyone,

First and foremost this is my first ever post here, so please indicate me if either the answer has been given elsewhere, or my post is misplaced. I am currently running a 5E campaign using Fantasy Grounds Unity, and one of my players is a Blood Hunter.
    I have been looking to automate some of their features and homebrewed some, and at some point it would require me to add a new type of damage, called "rite damage".

I have built a custom spell for which they can make an enemy vulnerable to their rite damage and that works (meaning the spell can be cast and the effect is correctly applied), but the vulnerability is not taken into account when she attacks. After some research, I figured I would need to add a new damage type to the 5E ruleset, in order for that vulnerability to be taken into account automatically.

Problem is, I cannot really process how to do it. I managed to create a loadable extension, containing a script which must be badly written and breaking everything. The scrip only contains :

table.insert(DataCommon.dmgtypes, "rite")

This is from a post I found on this forum, but I can't seem to get it working so far... Any ideas would be very welcome !

Blog Entries
    Welcome

This is a fine place to ask. You could have also asked in the Workshop, but this works too

Have you seen this extension? https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...m-damage-types

I think it shows you exactly what you want. If not, there are a couple other threads;
    - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ge-types-in-5e
    - https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...e-damage-types

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Hello LordEntrails,

Thank you so much for your help !
    It did indeed provide the exact functionnality I was looking for : everything is now in order and I cannot wait to show my player the automated functions she will be able to use next Saturday.

Problem : solved

Blog Entries
    Glad to hear it, thanks for letting us know

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Thread Information