5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Blog Entries
    Confusion such as this is why we regularly ask folks to post separate issues in separate threads. Of course, hindsight is 20/20 and one can't always know the issues aren't from the same root cause or the same when working out the details. Just a public service announcement to keep in mind

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by LordEntrails View Post
    Confusion such as this is why we regularly ask folks to post separate issues in separate threads. Of course, hindsight is 20/20 and one can't always know the issues aren't from the same root cause or the same when working out the details. Just a public service announcement to keep in mind
    Yes, I understand that but in this case I didn't think it was all that different of an issue. Just not the exact same issue. I'll error on making new threads next time.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kevininrussia View Post
    Yes, I understand that but in this case I didn't think it was all that different of an issue. Just not the exact same issue. I'll error on making new threads next time.
    Please don't think I was chastising Just pointing out both the ideal and the reality. These issues did indeed seem to be related, and if they had been might have helped the devs solve it. But, in this case, they apparently aren't.

Just a reminder to do the best we can with what we know at the time And to understand that some confusion is inevitable )

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

@kevininrussia,

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...768#post587768
    Not sure what this should be; because I could see an argument either way. Should lights light up door regions? I'll file as a ticket; but might be worth discussion.

https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post587784
    The door lighting update behavior was not fixed in last build; though Carl did submit an update for that one today for the next build.

On this one, I'm not sure what the issue is exactly. Maybe a before and after picture; or some more description.

Thanks,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    @kevininrussia,

On this one, I'm not sure what the issue is exactly. Maybe a before and after picture; or some more description.

Thanks,
    JPG
    Lights light up door regions. I can see an argument for light coming through the cracks lighting it up. Keeping it dark if no light is on the side facing the viewing token, the players have to hunt for the door. Personally I would like it dark so the players don't know where the door is.

On the last point, I think the interaction between the soft falloff of the light source and the hard edge of LOS was confusing me at the time. After more testing and movement of lights and tokens I think its probably functioning as planned.

Medieval/fantasy doors/most modern doors = light up when lit from the other side (in descending light bleed order)
    Sci-fi doors = stay dark (no light bleed)

I had a discussion with @cpinder; and doors lighting up is expected behavior. We're not even clear if this is something that could be changed in the existing framework, as you want the door/terrain to light up in most situations. In fact, by turning this off, doors would "always" be dark since no light could enter. (Remember that they are a special type of one-way occluder.)

So, we have no plans to investigate this further, or change this at this point.

Regards,
    JPG

Thread Information