Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 3 123 Last

Low-Light Vision how to do?

I accompany a friend and streamer who teaches using the 3.5E and in the systems if you remember there is the Low-Light vision that allows the character to see twice as much in the dark if he has a light source or a human sees 15 feet of light brilliant, 15 feet of gloom giving a radius of 30 feet (these numbers are fictional because I don't remember the exact value) already a gnome for example sees 15 feet of bright light and 30 feet of gloom and the characters with darkvision (5E) and those with infravision (2E) see according to standard definitions.

If you are asking about the Dynamic lighting feature, that feature is currently in Beta testing.

See here for how to use it, and make sure you read and understand the post.

Low Light vision isn't implemented; so you'll need to play around a bit with the light sources and effects to get this.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Will it ever be implemented, as well as the alternative infravision (the same as in the predator film) that is cited as optional in the 2E Master's Book?
    And one more doubt, I know that we are testing this new feature, but can we control the radius of illumination and vision?

Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    Will it ever be implemented, as well as the alternative infravision (the same as in the predator film) that is cited as optional in the 2E Master's Book?
    And one more doubt, I know that we are testing this new feature, but can we control the radius of illumination and vision?
    Moon Wizard has said that there won't be a feature which multiplies existing light sources - so probably not. For a character with low light vision it seems that you'd just give them a torch that goes to 40 ft instead of 20. And yes you can restrict vision and illumination to whatever radius you want.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Low-light vision was unfortunately said not to be implemented, darkvision (monochromatic) is implemented.

For predator like vision you could combine the "Nightvision" effect with token vision (darkvision, blindsight, truesight) or ambient light.

I posted a demonstration here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post587131

Yes I can control her range, but I can't limit her angle to simulate a flashlight or a Lantern, Bullseye that has 120 (60 bright light + 60 dim) cone-shaped feet.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by yako2020 View Post
    Yes I can control her range, but I can't limit her angle to simulate a flashlight or a Lantern, Bullseye that has 120 (60 bright light + 60 dim) cone-shaped feet.
    Correct, light sources are omni-directional. You can request a new feature by adding it tp the wish list.

Personally I never used facing with bullseye lanterns, from a practical perspective, it's pretty much a non-action to shine a flashlight in any direction I want while walking around etc. But, I do understand some rulesets have such considerations, therefore the wish list would be the place to request it.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Bull's eye lanterns are 60 ft. bright light in PF2, compared to only 30 ft. for omni-directional ones. This can make a difference sometimes. Directional light may also help to better hide your presence when being sneaky sneaky sneaky.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    For a character with low light vision it seems that you'd just give them a torch that goes to 40 ft instead of 20.
    Won't that grant this extended range to any characters near the one with low light vision?

Thread Information