FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Traveller T20: Terran Federation

I'm going to be running a Traveller T20 game on Sunday evenings at 8pm (GMT+0 time zone). The adventure will be set in my Alternate Traveller Universe, set in the early interstellar period.

I'm looking for a couple more mature and reliable players. Send me a private message if you're interested.

Calendar Entry: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/calendar/?id=186

I'm thinking of running one of the following scenarios:

One of our ships is missing .... a leading bank wants to hire you to find a ship whose owner has skipped payments. The ship is to be confiscated and returned to New Boston, where the bank will take possession.

Labrysian Nights .... a ship has gone down on a pre-space developing world, breaking an interdiction order of the Terran Federation. Can you find the offending parties before they cause damage to the developing society? Can you avoid doing the same damage yourselves?

Outbreak on Gashidda .... an outbreak of Terran Flu threatens the population of Gashidda, a high population Kimushugar world. Can you deliver Dr Thomas and his team to the world in time to halt the outbreak before a worldwide pandemic strikes.

Imperial Messages .... the government of the Terran Federation wants to make diplomatic approaches to the Vilani Empire. The only problem is that the Kimushugar Free Worlds are technically still at war with the Imperium and the only know route to Imperial worlds is through Kimushugar space.
    Could be the start of a "Grand Tour" style campaign. First ... find the Imperium. Then make way through uncharted and possibly hostile space to somewhere to make diplomatic advances. Do so without the Kimushugar Free Worlds learning what you're doing.
    Using Ultimate license - that means anyone can play.
    Valarian's Fantasy Grounds Rulesets

Wish I could join you as this sounds like a good time. We spent a few weeks a while back playing GURPS Traveller: Interstellar Wars. It was great fun - we ended up deep in Vilani space after mucking about with a alien artifact we found. *Never* press the button. Never.
    M

Based on the characters and general interest from the players, the campaign will be:

Imperial Messages .... the government of the Terran Federation wants to make diplomatic approaches to the Vilani Empire. The only problem is that the Kimushugar Free Worlds are technically still at war with the Imperium and the only know route to Imperial worlds is through Kimushugar space.
    Could be the start of a "Grand Tour" style campaign. First ... find the Imperium. Then make way through uncharted and possibly hostile space to somewhere to make diplomatic advances. Do so without the Kimushugar Free Worlds learning what you're doing.

Currently we have:
    - a 5th level Scout
    - a 7th level Navy Lieutenant
    - a 6th level Marine Sergeant

Sounds interesting. What ruleset are you using, d20 modern? Is it available for FG2? How often will you be running it? The calendar link came up blank.
    "Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing...after they have exhausted all other possibilities."
    -- Winston Churchill

I am using FG version 2.12 to run the game. The ruleset is a modified version of the d20 ruleset provided by SmiteWorks to cater for the T20 rules. T20 is a derivative of the D20 Fantasy SRD, rather than D20 Modern SRD as the latter was released a while after T20 came out.

I run the game on Sunday evenings at 8pm (GMT+0 time zone).

Sounds like fun. I think that's around 11am PST west coast US. I wish I had the time to play every weekend, but those days are long gone. I'd like to get a copy of the T20 ruleset, when you get it finished (if you'll give it up).

I played in a Traveller game back in the 80s every Wednesday night for 2-1/2 years, and we missed only 4 games when people were too sick to drag themselves over there. These days, I can manage twice a month at best with the kids' schedules and house projects. Thanks for the info, though.
    "Americans can always be counted on to do the right thing...after they have exhausted all other possibilities."
    -- Winston Churchill

You can have a copy of the character sheet ruleset, it's just a modified version of the SmiteWorks d20 ruleset that was included in version 2.

The basic rules module I'm doing isn't finished yet. Once it is finished, I'll be running it by Hunter. It will need to be either distributed by Quiklink or under their license. Unless Hunter gives the okay, I'm not making this available generally as it's got rules in. The rules may be deemed to be under the OGL part of the T20 license, but I want Hunter's call on this. If he decides that it's all OGL and I can distribute it, then I'll make it available. Otherwise I'm hoping that the module can be distributed on the QLI website. This'll also be Hunter's call.

No problem. Thanks for the info. I'll be looking forward to it.
    -- Winston Churchill

Ouch... 11am... 1hr too early

I am a SS teacher

Any chance moving it forward an hour?
    Last edited by SpudmanWP; July 21st, 2007 at 00:43.
    'Build it and they will come'
    Universal Table Rolling Get it HERE
    FG2 Help Files Get it HERE
    Getting the Most Out of Notepad++ (FG2 & Lua spellcheck & Auto-Completion) Get it HERE
    Printing the contents of a table Get it HERE

Sorry, most of us are in the UK and we generally run from 8pm to 11pm. The extra hour would be pushing midnight even on a normal session, and we have to be up for work on Monday morning. You're welcome to join in when you're available if you don't mind joining the session a bit late. I can email the IP to you for the session or, if you use MSN, over instant messaging.
    Last edited by Valarian; July 21st, 2007 at 10:54.

Thread Information