STAR TREK 2d20
Page 3 of 4 First 1234 Last
    Hello Dakadin - I've also noticed that if I copy a NPC, unlock it and adjust the initiative value (setting the attack quickness box to blank Initv.PNG and inserting my own value), my inserted value doesn't stay in the box. It either blanks it or becomes one of the RM standard speeds (BF, Slow etc).

I use the RMC 1 (amended by RMC 4) initiative system based on Qu stat and racial bonuses, so would like to adjust the Qu values for NPCs (this could be done as Wolf_Shield references it in one of his tutorial).

Thanks and let me add my appreciation to all the work you put into this system.

Hi Rainbird,

The Attack Quickness updates the Init Mod so that is likely why it is blank instead of showing a value when the Init Mod is updated. I will look into it to see what is happening though.

Dakadin

Hi Rainbird,

The issue with the Init Mod field is that the field is really read only so shouldn't allow modifications for it and it was my mistake for making it seem like it could be edited. I do like the idea of being able to set the Attack Quickness to the blank value to make it editable though so I will add it to my list of things to do.

Dakadin

Thanks Dakadin - that really helps with the way I handle initiative.

Much appreciated.

The DB and Parry is fixed

Thanks Sulimo and Dakadin

Thanks for the confirmation. Being able to adjust the NPC Init Mod will be in the next release.

Quote Originally Posted by Dakadin View Post
    Thanks for the confirmation. Being able to adjust the NPC Init Mod will be in the next release.
    Hi Dakadin - I noticed that the INIT box can now be edited to 'custom/blank' and the value 'sticks' in the box (when re locked). When I test it in the CT and roll INIT the GM entered value doesn't carry to the chat box or the CT INIT results....

I was wondering if this was a work in progress?

Thanks - Rainbird

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainbird View Post
    Hi Dakadin - I noticed that the INIT box can now be edited to 'custom/blank' and the value 'sticks' in the box (when re locked). When I test it in the CT and roll INIT the GM entered value doesn't carry to the chat box or the CT INIT results....

Thanks - Rainbird
    Try with just letting the CT auto generate initiative... it will take into account your modifier then I do believe.
    "I am a Canadian, free to speak without fear, free to worship in my own way, free to stand for what I think right, free to oppose what I believe wrong, or free to choose those who shall govern my country. This heritage of freedom I pledge to uphold for myself and all mankind."

- John Diefenbaker

RIP Canada, February 21, 2022

Quote Originally Posted by Rainbird View Post

Thanks - Rainbird
    Hi Rainbird,

I am confused what you are referring to. Are you saying the custom values on the NPC Init field aren't being used when rolling initiative?

Thanks,
    Dakadin

Hi Rainbird,

I am confused what you are referring to. Are you saying the custom values on the NPC Init field aren't being used when rolling initiative?

Thanks,
    Dakadin
    Hi Rainbird,

Thanks,
    Dakadin
    John D - thanks for the reply - I've tries it both ways (roll roll the INIT box and auto roll for all in the CT menu) and the INIT mod (custom/GM edited value) isn't carried to the final value.

Hello Dakadin - sorry for the confusion.

I have a NPC orc with a BF attack speed orc INIT2.PNG
    I roll INIT and the +50 is carried to the CT and the chat window orc INIT Chat window BFast.PNG
    I then adjust it's attack speed to custom +100 and lock the NPC orc INIT adjust and locked.PNG
    Then roll the INIT from the CT INIT box for the Orc but the +100 isn't carried to the chat window or the CT orc INIT adjust but not carried to result.PNG
    Try using the CT Menu 'Roll all INIT' button orc INIT adjust CT menu INIT result .PNG and the result doesn't include the +100.

Dakadin - I know you replied above that you were thinking/considering altering the custom INIT to carry to the CT (which would allow the 200pts INIT system from RMComp 1). Having played with the INIT box after a recent update I noticed that the custom value now 'sticks'/stays in the adjusted NPC box. So, thought that you had adjusted the functionality....but looks like I've jumped the gun.

Hope that explains the post and I'll wait patiently for any updates on this front - many thanks, as ever.

Ta - Rainbird

Thread Information