Starfinder Playlist

Can connect to FG1.03, but not to FGII

Hey all,

Does FGII use port 1802, just like FG1.03? Or is it on another port?

I have both versions installed, in parallel, on my PC. I can host a game in FG1.03, and other players can connect to it. But, if I open up a game in FGII on the same PC, they can't connect to host.

I know all about port forwarding for my Linksys router, and I've verified and re-verified that I've done it correctly. I've been fighting with this for days, and I'm ready to throw in the towel. Here's what I just tried:

- I opened up FG1.03, and hosted a game. I had a player try to connect, and she was able to do so successfully. I opened up FGII, and hosted a game. I had a player try to connect, and the message said she couldn't find the host.

- I opened up FG1.03 and hosted a game. I went to www.canyouseeme.org and checked for port 1802. The results said "success". I opened up FGII and hosted a game. I went to www.canyouseeme.org and checked for port 1802, and I got an error - could not find service.

- I opened up FG1.03 and hosted a game. I went to www.pcflank.com and ran the advanced port test for port 1802, and it showed as OPEN. I opened up FGII and hosted a game. I went to www.pcflank.com and ran the advanced port test for port 1802, and it showed as STEALTHED.

Aaaaargh!

Please tell me it's something simple and stupid!

Regards,
    Draz

Are you running a software firewall on your machine? If so, have you set it to permit FG2 to act as a server (possibly also called "listen for connections")?

I have no software firewall that I'm aware of. I certainly didn't install anything.

I don't think you would get the message you are getting but you are both on the same version of FG 2 correct? The latest is 2.012.

Yep. I made sure to hit "Update" on both PC's before trying. And this was just the last round of attempts. I've been dealing with this since before the weekend. I've been a player using FGII since its release, but this is my first time trying to host a game with it and thus far I'm unable to do so. I've been successfully hosting a game using FG1.03 for months.

AHA!!!! FGII wasn't checked as an exception in my Windows firewall. All better! And it only took 4 1/2 freakin' days to figure it out.

Reminds me of the time I discovered my car had an armrest. I had owned the thing for about six months, and happened to be paging through the owner's manual, when I noticed that it said the car included an armrest. (As standard equipment, no less! )

Anyway, I sat there saying to myself, "There's no armrest in my car."

So the next time I go out to my car, I remember about the owner's manual, and say again to myself that there's no armrest in my car, there's no armrest in my car. I get in, look at the right side of the driver's seat, and holy crap, fold down the armrest.

Quote Originally Posted by Dachannien
    Reminds me of the time I discovered my car had an armrest. I had owned the thing for about six months, and happened to be paging through the owner's manual, when I noticed that it said the car included an armrest. (As standard equipment, no less! )

Anyway, I sat there saying to myself, "There's no armrest in my car."

So the next time I go out to my car, I remember about the owner's manual, and say again to myself that there's no armrest in my car, there's no armrest in my car. I get in, look at the right side of the driver's seat, and holy crap, fold down the armrest.

Thus proves the maxim: "Invariably that which you seek is often staring you in the face"
    Vincent Kingston
    [email protected]

Thread Information