Starfinder Playlist

Ability to change Light and Vision pre-set settings in future?

Hi,

First off I just want to say I'm blown away by what you've done so far with lighting and vision, hats off to you all!

But obviously as FGU users we'd all like our very own version of "the moon on a stick", please and thank you!

So... I'd love to be able to adjust the colour of the various pre-sets if that were possible? My 2 biggest examples, from my testing so far, would be for torches to be a much yellower colour (more like "FFFFF5B6"), and for Darkvision to be a much bluer hue (e.g. "FFA7C5FF") as both of those seem much more thematic to me, and in the case of Darkvision having it just be black and white doesn't really convey enough that this is a vision-type, when using a mainly or totally mono-chromatic dungeon map.

I realise that I can build these lights as effects or as actions on the character sheet (I've already set up a Torch item that activates when equipped, very cool!) but it'd be much quicker to be able to set my personal parameters for the pre-sets going forward, will this ever be possible? And I'm not sure there's any way to build our own variations of Vision types at the moment?

If not is there a way to have the effect line in the CT not have to display the coding and be able to use just a simple name ("LIGHT: 20 torch" rather than "LIGHT: 20 FFFFF5B6 flicker 25" which is just not very evocative for my players).

As I said, love the work so far and these are just some thoughts I've had since playing around with it.

Cheers,

Simon
    Last edited by Ludd_G; March 13th, 2021 at 17:46.

This can be done with an extension. The examples of the preset tags are located in the CoreRPG gameelements.xml file.

Regards,
    JPG

Some info on what presets are defined in the file MW mentions here: https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...l=1#post586642
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thank you both!

Will extensions be able to emulate any of these (especially things like Light Dome and Energy Field)?

Probably.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    Will extensions be able to emulate any of these (especially things like Light Dome and Energy Field)?
    It depends on how one would define those. Follwoing the link fromTrenloe, you can see that in an extension you can currently define the;
    - light/color
    - bright distance
    - dim distance
    - animation type
    - animation speed/frequency

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

The number of animation types is very limited, though. Animations like Light Dome, Energy Field and Ghostly Light are much more atmospheric than the rather dizzying and seldom useful Pulse and Flash.

So it seems that no additional animations can be programmed via extensions then. Bad luck.

Not yet anyway. It's still early days for vision & lighting in FG.

It would be very useful to be able to save a light's settings as a new preset in the editor instead of having to make create/edit an extension every time.

Thread Information