DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Custom Ancestry Rarity

Apologies if this has been answered elsewhere, but my google-fu has not turned up anything.

How do I set the rarity for a custom Ancestry? I've looked at Catfolk and such, but I don't see where it's setting the rarity (needed since I want to create a Rare ancestry and only see Uncommon ones that can be copied).

Thanks!

You can't do this through the interface currently. It can only be set directly in the XML. As a work around you can put in brackets the rarity in the name, this won't change the rarity colour indicator though.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Can you point me to which XML? I'm not able to find it.

Quote Originally Posted by MattDroz View Post
    Can you point me to which XML? I'm not able to find it.
    I'm not at my computer right now so can't check. If you have one of the products which has a non-common ancestry you can make a copy of it in the campaign and look at the campaign db.xml to see what field it uses.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

The easiest way to find it is, with the campaign you are creating the ancestry open:
    1. Click "Library"
    2. Click "Export"
    3. Drag and Drop your new ancestry from the "Ancestries" list to the module export window
    4. Give the Module a name and file name, and export.
    This will create .mod file in your Fantasy Grounds/modules folder, accessible by clicking the folder icon in the top corner of the launcher
    With this done, you can now open the .mod you just created with 7zip, or change the .mod to .zip and unzip it
    Within this unzipped folder is a DB.xml file. Open with notepad, notepad++, Sublimetext, etc (but NOT Word)
    There, you will find a section called <race>, which will have a nested <id-#####> section, that will contain all the information about this new ancestry. One of the tags nested within this id tag will be <name type="string">YourAncestryNameHere</name> so you can be sure you are in the right area
    With the same indentation as the ancestry name, add the tag <rarity type="string">rare</rarity>

Save the file, and rezip and rename to .mod if necessary, then load the module using library as you would for any other module. The ancestry should now show up with the proper rarity
    Attached will be what the xml will sort of look like (I have collapsed some tags to make things more readable, so yours will take up more space) race.PNG
    Last edited by kaernunnos; March 13th, 2021 at 22:29.

Quote Originally Posted by kaernunnos View Post
    The easiest way to find it is, with the campaign you are creating the ancestry open:
    1. Click "Library"
    2. Click "Export"
    3. Drag and Drop your new ancestry from the "Ancestries" list to the module export window
    4. Give the Module a name and file name, and export.
    This will create .mod file in your Fantasy Grounds/modules folder, accessible by clicking the folder icon in the top corner of the launcher
    With this done, you can now open the .mod you just created with 7zip, or change the .mod to .zip and unzip it
    Within this unzipped folder is a DB.xml file. Open with notepad, notepad++, Sublimetext, etc (but NOT Word)
    There, you will find a section called <race>, which will have a nested <id-#####> section, that will contain all the information about this new ancestry. One of the tags nested within this id tag will be <name type="string">YourAncestryNameHere</name> so you can be sure you are in the right area
    With the same indentation as the ancestry name, add the tag <rarity type="string">rare</rarity>

Save the file, and rezip and rename to .mod if necessary, then load the module using library as you would for any other module. The ancestry should now show up with the proper rarity
    Attached will be what the xml will sort of look like (I have collapsed some tags to make things more readable, so yours will take up more space) race.PNG
    Thanks so much!

Thread Information