DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Different pins / colored pins / hidden GM markers?

it would be pretty neat to have different GM pins that would only be visible to the GM, which could be used to mark Player maps for things like secret doors or traps. I could create an FX layer for that, I suppose, but would there be a way to add, say, blue and green pins in addition to the red ones?

Or should I just do that through the fx layer?

Thanks for all the great work you're doing!!

A.J.

EDIT: Never mind. I had the idea to do it with an effects layer as I was typing out this post. So I added an "Adjust colors" layer, set it to blue, masked the whole thing, then just revealed the parts of that layer which covered traps or hidden doors. Then I set that layer to "GM View Only" and it works WAY better than programming new pins. Thanks. =)
    Last edited by merkvah; March 13th, 2021 at 01:23.
    A.J.

“It isn't Narnia, you know," sobbed Lucy. "It's you. We shan't meet you there. And how can we live, never meeting you?"
    "But you shall meet me, dear one," said Aslan.
    "Are -are you there too, Sir?" said Edmund.
    "I am," said Aslan. "But there I have another name. You must learn to know me by that name. This was the very reason why you were brought to Narnia, that by knowing me here for a little, you may know me better there.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Voyage of the Dawn Treader

Blog Entries
    Pins are not visible to players unless the GM shares the pin with the players.

I do wish their was a way to color (other than red for GM only and green for shared) pins and/or add shaped/icons for different types of pins (stories, maps, encounters, etc. Used to be on the Wish List, don't think it made it to the new one.

There are secret door and pit LOS types. Both of which are only visible to the GM as well. Plus you can add traps as NPCs with tokens to a map. Very useful for dealing damage etc. You can also add images for traps and secret doors and set their visibility to GM only using layers.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

There's an open wishlist idea for it here: https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=135355

Please vote for it!

Quote Originally Posted by anathemort View Post
    There's an open wishlist idea for it here: https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=135355

Please vote for it!
    Moon,

Do you think that colored pins might make it into FG in the next 3 months. I'm considering a pin extension and want to make certain my work isn't wasted.

Thanks,
    Jason

Diablobob is working on just such an extension and I saw a sneak peak and it looks great!
    FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Any eta and pictures?

Jason

FGU Ultimate License
    FG Discord - Lord_Ulric
    Time Zone: US Eastern (GMT -5)
    Playing -
    Starfinder, D&D, Savage Worlds, Call of Cthulhu, Hero System aka Champions, Traveller, and more!
    My Forge Creations

Any news about this being released?

I can't find anything from DiabloBob for this on DMs Guild or the Forge here...?

Anyone know if there was any progress made on this please?

ChipDancer

Quote Originally Posted by ChipDancer View Post
    Does Anyone know if any progress was made on this, please?

ChipDancer
    Maybe NOT the answer you are looking for, but if it's mostly just labeling map symbols needed, there is an art asset pack that allows one to label specific areas more visually. This method only solves half of the challenge, though.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/store...PACK_GM_SYMBLS

I do not know where or IF this project has been accepted or is being worked on. We can hope for more users to vote on the Idea Informer web page here.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/?ia=135355

Best of lunch and happy gaming!

~Laerun~
    Last edited by Laerun; August 28th, 2022 at 17:05. Reason: Clarity
    FGA Founder
    FGU teacher and student!
    Ultimate License Holder
    Discord Alias: Laerun#6969

https://www.fantasygroundsacademy.com

Thread Information