5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 8 of 25 First ... 67891018 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Moriarity View Post
    Here's the 4.1 xml file for Alagoran's Gem 5E. Just one map. Includes lighting for outside lights illuminating dungeon entrance ways and lava flows, pits and some corrections to the original walls. At this early stage in lighting development, feedback would be really useful. Thanks
    Thanks for taking part Moriarity. I'm not sure about the lighting of the lava. I think maybe you need a few more lights in there to make it a bit more even - see the attached for ideas. Maybe tone down the colour a bit from what I've done. But the idea would be to have a more even distribution of the lighting.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Here's the xml files for The Raven's Call 5E. Again, at this early stage in lighting development, feedback would be really useful. Thanks
    This looks good;I've updated the module.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

MD 026: Sanctuary of Exsanguination, 5E

MD 026: Sanctuary of Exsanguination, 5E: *Map: Dungeon (Player)

Added ambient light.with mask.

Corrected entranceway LOS to allow PCs access to stairs leading into the sanctuary and added lights shining down the stairs on a separate layer.

Added torch lights to the portals, extending the middle layer lights to 60ft to allow dim light where there is an encounter with NPCs that have no dark vision ability

.xml saved as 026-player.xml so I assume this is that actual map name in the module rather than "Map: Dungeon (Player)" as shown in the story and map title.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Here's the xml files for Crypt of the Sun Lord 5E. Very simple - Ambient light with a mask and a single light for daylight into the entrance. All encounters checked and all monsters use dark vision. Module specifies that a light source is required for anyone without low-light or dark vision.
    Yep, good stuff. I've updated the module.

Alagoran's Gem 5E.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Thanks for taking part Moriarity. I'm not sure about the lighting of the lava. I think maybe you need a few more lights in there to make it a bit more even - see the attached for ideas. Maybe tone down the colour a bit from what I've done. But the idea would be to have a more even distribution of the lighting.
    I agree. Done. I used your colours but reduced the opacity to 192 - seems to work well.

Quote Originally Posted by fieldson View Post
    I thought I'd get my feet wet on a simple map. The module's introduction is very clear about light sources, so this was easy to setup
    Thanks for taking part, fieldson. I've updated the module.

D&D AL - Shackles of Blood, 5E

Redplum camp: (sic) Ambient set to moonlight - modify as required. Torch light added to the campfire

Map - Deriel's Ambush: Ambient light set to moonlight - modify as required. Bush fire light layer with 3 lights added. This layer is turned off. If the ambush occurs during the night, turn the Bush fire light layer on at the end of the first round of the encounter. A masked river water layer added.

Map - Bell in the Depths: This is a nightmare for LOS. Originally, two variations using terrain and walls were used; Neither work very well so I've modified them all to be terrain occluders. Does anyone have any suggestions for alternative ways of depicting multiple levels with limited access via ladders? Water effect added; no lights other than ambient set to daylight
    Indeed. I'd agree that the Dell in the Depth's poses a few problems. I think what you've done is as viable a solution as any. It might be possible to play around with illusionary walls or toggleable walls for some of the areas but terrain is as good as anything else I think. I've updated the module.

I agree. Done. I used your colours but reduced the opacity to 192 - seems to work well.
    Thanks, I've updated the module

MD 026: Sanctuary of Exsanguination, 5E: *Map: Dungeon (Player)

Added ambient light.with mask.

Corrected entranceway LOS to allow PCs access to stairs leading into the sanctuary and added lights shining down the stairs on a separate layer.

Added torch lights to the portals, extending the middle layer lights to 60ft to allow dim light where there is an encounter with NPCs that have no dark vision ability

.xml saved as 026-player.xml so I assume this is that actual map name in the module rather than "Map: Dungeon (Player)" as shown in the story and map title.
    Nice work, thanks. I've updated the module.

Mini Dungeon #13: The Case of the Scrupulous Pawnbroker (5E)

The Case of the Scrupulous Pawnbroker - Dungeon Map (Player)

There are no original notes on lighting so I've assumed that there are double candle-holders on the wall sconces indicated. I've added a player starting area added outside the office with ambient daylight plus a torch (alpha to 160 to match daylight) shining into the office when the door is open. Flickering candle lights added throughout where wall sconces are indicated.- all modified bright:10, dim:20 to double-candle holders and all turned on as the thugs (in the encounter) have left them lit.
    The original map probably needs updating to brighten up the unlit areas so 4.1 lighting works properly and to add more detail to show where the traps are - particularly room 5.

Thread Information