DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 4 of 25 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Horus1216 View Post
    Here are the maps for the 2nd S&S AP. Let me know if you would like any touch ups done, I may have rushed my own QC as it is getting late. The S&S ones take longer because LOS isn't defined in the module. I'll do AP 1 later this week, and then I do all my touch ups on Sunday.

Just curious, how can I use these XMLs to update the modules currently on my PC since I made a new campaign just for editing the lighting definitions?
    In the campaign that you created the LoS there will be a folder called moduldb and inside that will be an xml file containing the LoS and lighting data. Copy the moduledb folder to another campaign and you should see the LoS and lighting in that one too.

I'll have a look at your files later today.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Zacchaeus I wonder if you could help, I've placed the updated xml files posted here from CoS in the relevant location in the mod file after unzipping it, rezipped it and checked that the files have light definitions which they do. All good so far but when I open the campaign in fgu there are no lights present even though they're in the xml. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?

EDIT: posted in the wrong place.
    Last edited by bmos; March 16th, 2021 at 15:10.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Noelus View Post
    Zacchaeus I wonder if you could help, I've placed the updated xml files posted here from CoS in the relevant location in the mod file after unzipping it, rezipped it and checked that the files have light definitions which they do. All good so far but when I open the campaign in fgu there are no lights present even though they're in the xml. Any suggestions as to what I'm doing wrong?
    The CoS module itself is encrypted and you should not be able to unzip it.

The files Zacchaeus is refers to above it to place the xml files in a sub-folder of the campaign folder. No need to zip or unzip.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I'm working on adding definitions to Return of the Runelords.
    What is the preferred approach to missing information in the sourcebook?
    Specifically: four guards without darkvision in an underground room with no fire and no specifically-described lights.

Should I just add what seems reasonable like a lantern or two?

Obviously creatures with darkvision would be fine in a pitch-black room, but 4 guards are not going to be doing much guarding if they can't see.

Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post
    Specifically: four guards without darkvision in an underground room with no fire and no specifically-described lights.

Obviously creatures with darkvision would be fine in a pitch-black room, but 4 guards are not going to be doing much guarding if they can't see.
    Yes, I've seen this in a couple of adventures in the 5e ruleset where everything is dark with no light sources yet the main bad guy is human and the description doesn't mention any light sources in the room they are to be found in. I agree that a torch or two would not go amiss in such situations.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Horus1216 View Post
    Here are the maps for the 2nd S&S AP. Let me know if you would like any touch ups done, I may have rushed my own QC as it is getting late. The S&S ones take longer because LOS isn't defined in the module. I'll do AP 1 later this week, and then I do all my touch ups on Sunday.

Just curious, how can I use these XMLs to update the modules currently on my PC since I made a new campaign just for editing the lighting definitions?
    I've added these into the module - jolly good.

Return of the Runelords book 1: Alaznist's Armory
    I did this to practice, but might end up doing the other maps in this module if I have time.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bmos View Post

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Yes, I've seen this in a couple of adventures in the 5e ruleset where everything is dark with no light sources yet the main bad guy is human and the description doesn't mention any light sources in the room they are to be found in. I agree that a torch or two would not go amiss in such situations.
    Not that this is a democracy, but I would vote with this approach as a GM. It certainly doesn't make sense for them to be in the dark and I would think most GMs would assume they have lanterns or torches.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

I agree. I think what I and other people have wondered is whether Smiteworks would prefer to have the module only contain what is directly prescribed by the module, to give all the DM's clean slate to build from? Or, as seems to be the consensus, to apply some level of interpretation to the module. I can see the benefit of both ways. I think left to my own devices I would only put in the light sources that are written into the module with the understanding that each DM is going to customize anyway, but there is certainly value in having them be a bit more logical and playable out of the box.

Thread Information