STAR TREK 2d20
Page 16 of 25 First ... 61415161718 ... Last
    HewhoKnows just run the updater. Not sure how it works with a module you are currently running but if you start a new campaign are add in the module then put a player token i the map you should then see the LOS stuff.

In something you are currently running I would try the same thing but you might need to go into the LOS info of the map and toggle it on.

OK I am messing around with doing Temple of Elemental Evil but in 5th edition. Not sure if my work is up to standards but here is what I have.Temple of Elemental Evil.xml

So far it is just the Moat house and the top of the temple.
    Last edited by Granamere; May 22nd, 2021 at 20:29.
    If you want a Wishlist in the Fantasy grounds store klick the link and upvote it.
    https://fgapp.idea.informer.com/proj/fgapp?ia=135468

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoKnows View Post
    Hey there. Ok, this is probably a stupid question but I just found this thread and saw that the lighting had been updated for a module I purchased. How do I get access to it? Do I just redownload the module? If so, do I have to worry about having to update my current campaign?
    Welcome to FG.

Yes, you just need to update (the update button should show that an update is required). Note that not all the files on the list in the first post will have gone live yet - so depends on the module you are talking about whether you'll see lighting or not.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Welcome to FG.

Yes, you just need to update (the update button should show that an update is required). Note that not all the files on the list in the first post will have gone live yet - so depends on the module you are talking about whether you'll see lighting or not.
    Thanks! I will do that! It's actually one of yours, Decent to Avernus!

Quote Originally Posted by HeWhoKnows View Post
    Thanks! I will do that! It's actually one of yours, Decent to Avernus!
    That has gone to live a couple of weeks ago.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

I posted this in the PF2 section but then realised it might be a generic problem.

Just been getting the map ready, and noticed that a player can move through a small gap in the wall (the arrow slit). Not sure if it's a 'feature'. I decided to add a window to all the arrow slit gaps in the building to solve the problem.

GM View:

Player view (no token lock):

Attached Images Attached Images

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by spoonhead View Post
    I posted this in the PF2 section but then realised it might be a generic problem.

Just been getting the map ready, and noticed that a player can move through a small gap in the wall (the arrow slit). Not sure if it's a 'feature'. I decided to add a window to all the arrow slit gaps in the building to solve the problem.
    I don't think that's a bug, but just a natural consequence of LOS. If there is a "hole" in a wall, it is up to the GM to decide if someone can move through it or not. Otherwise FG would have to know squeezing rules and creature size (more than just small, medium, large, etc) and then GMs would still rule differently (Rufus's shoulders are too wide, but Sunflower can get through no problem.)

I think your solution, a window, is ideal for those opening you don't want players to move through

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Welcome to FG.

Remember in FGC when the button went red AND said Update Available... now it just has a red border no text change " Check for updates"

In a fit of poor judgment and time management, I've started trying my hand at the Princes of the Apocalypse maps. I have very little experience in map making in FG, but hopefully just adding lights will prove simple enough that, if nothing else, maybe Zacchaeus can use my files (assuming I do finish) as a starting point rather than having to do it all from scratch.
    For reasons that are not entirely clear, I decided to go in page order. This means starting with Feathergale Spire. And so, two questions.

1- There's no way to do a circular mask, is there? (Thankfully I think this is most of the maps where I will want one.)
    2- I'd like suggestions for how to best handle "sunlight coming in through a window". I started the maps as having ambient sunlight (which will be its own issue if a party assaults the Spire in the middle of the night, but you can't prepare for everything here), and freehand drew crude circular masks for the inside of the tower. I tried putting light sources just outside the windows and opening the windows, but that puts way too little light into the rooms for how daylight actually behaves, so I just put "lantern" default light sources just inside each window. If someone has a better suggestion, I will happily (try to) implement it.

Finally, a less specific, very n00b feeling question: what happens if I add lights to a map in a module like Princes, and then Zacchaeus updates the lighting himself and hits publish. What happens when I next download updates? Are my changes clobbered, do the maps all wind up with twice as many lights, are the official changes rejected because I've edited the map...?

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Madman Across the Water View Post
    Finally, a less specific, very n00b feeling question: what happens if I add lights to a map in a module like Princes, and then Zacchaeus updates the lighting himself and hits publish. What happens when I next download updates? Are my changes clobbered, do the maps all wind up with twice as many lights, are the official changes rejected because I've edited the map...?
    I believe that when modules are updated as such, your personal changes to the mod are not overwritten, unless you right click on the module (or individual map) and click the "revert" menu option. This is happening for several PF2E modules that are being updated with new automation changes.

Of course, if you were to make a copy of the map, the copy would not be overridden either way, just the original.

Quote Originally Posted by Madman Across the Water View Post
    In a fit of poor judgment and time management, I've started trying my hand at the Princes of the Apocalypse maps. I have very little experience in map making in FG, but hopefully just adding lights will prove simple enough that, if nothing else, maybe Zacchaeus can use my files (assuming I do finish) as a starting point rather than having to do it all from scratch.
    For reasons that are not entirely clear, I decided to go in page order. This means starting with Feathergale Spire. And so, two questions.

1- There's no way to do a circular mask, is there? (Thankfully I think this is most of the maps where I will want one.)
    2- I'd like suggestions for how to best handle "sunlight coming in through a window". I started the maps as having ambient sunlight (which will be its own issue if a party assaults the Spire in the middle of the night, but you can't prepare for everything here), and freehand drew crude circular masks for the inside of the tower. I tried putting light sources just outside the windows and opening the windows, but that puts way too little light into the rooms for how daylight actually behaves, so I just put "lantern" default light sources just inside each window. If someone has a better suggestion, I will happily (try to) implement it.

Thanks!
    If you want to add lighting for PotA then I won't do anything until you submit your files - so there's no danger of duplication.

I assume you mean masking of the ambient light? If so then what you do is mask the entire map and then cut out the bits that you don't want to have ambient lighting in. So, yes you can draw a circular mask - use the ALT key and drag the mouse to cut out a freehand area of the mask.

Ambient lighting doesn't bleed into a masked area so to make sunlight shine through either don't mask the areas with sunlight - or and probably easier just add diffuse lights the same colour as you used for the ambient lighting. Make the light have zero bright light and a small radius of dim light and make the falloff 75-100.

Thread Information