Joshua Stream Pre
Page 3 of 17 First 1234513 ... Last
  1. #21
    Zacchaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    16,852
    Quote Originally Posted by wndrngdru View Post
    I do have one in each of the fire pits, but the text says smoldering coals so they're pretty dim and red. Any tokens in close proximity should show up as they would in dim light. I can certainly bring the level up though.
    Yes a little brighter I think. I totally missed them.
    Quote Originally Posted by wndrngdru View Post
    I kind of struggled with this one. The text says the glow in emanating from inside the eye sockets. Right now, the occluder is just a circle around the base, so if I move it outside the occluder, it's obviously in front of the statue and not coming from it. If you're okay with me messing with the occluder a bit, I think I can make it more aesthetically accurate to the text.
    Yes, I see exactly what you mean but inside the occluder I don't think it casts a shadow. So a compromise and yes mess all you like with the occluder.
    Quote Originally Posted by wndrngdru View Post
    Sure, I'll just keep going with them. Do you want me to continue putting them up one module at a time for feedback?
    Jolly Good, and yes just pop them up as you do them.
    If you need to contact customer support or if there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

  2. #22
    wndrngdru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2015
    Location
    US, Central (UTC -6 or -5)
    Posts
    211
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Yes a little brighter I think. I totally missed them.

    Yes, I see exactly what you mean but inside the occluder I don't think it casts a shadow. So a compromise and yes mess all you like with the occluder.

    Jolly Good, and yes just pop them up as you do them.
    Here are updates to both maps. I adjusted the brightness of the smoldering fires and the color of all the other fires. I also changed the torches so they add drama to the room rather than just wash the whole thing with light. I think Room 50 came out pretty good. The grove around the tree had an ambient mask that wasn't there when I opened the map this time, so I re-added that.
    In all, I'm quite happy with these now.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    --
    I'm so bassic

  3. #23
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Hi Horus and great stuff on helping out. Can I ask you not to rename the .xml files since they need to be the same name as the maps and whilst I can rename them that offers the possibility of me getting it wrong. In cases like this where there are multiple maps you can put them in a folder and zip up that folder then just attach the zip file to your post.

    In the two House of Pentheru maps I think we might want a little more atmosphere I think is the best word. You've added ambient light to both maps but then haven't added a mask to mask out the parts of the house which wouldn't have ambient light (Basically everything that isn't 'outside'). The inside of the house is lit via light coming in through the windows according to the description. So in the image below I've masked the inside rooms and chosen the lantern preset but turned the alpha down to get a greyish light and then scattered those lights around the house. I've placed them close to the walls to simulate light coming in from windows and also around the central courtyard to simulate light coming from there. I think this creates more of a shadowy and less flat image. I also turned up the shadow length of the ambient light and made them a bit darker in colour and turned down the alpha a bit. Have a little play around with these ideas to see if you can add a bit more to those two maps.

    I like what you've done with the other maps; great work.
    Ok, I can go back and give the upstairs some more love, and I can do the 1st floor unless you want to keep the changes you've made I'm happy with either. I didn't want to assume where windows were without them expressly on the map so I erred on the side of caution for that. Sorry about the renaming thing. I'll do the zip file next time. I also have access to S&S AP 1 & 2 that I can work on this next week as well.
    Last edited by Horus1216; March 15th, 2021 at 04:25.

  4. #24
    Zacchaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    16,852
    Quote Originally Posted by Horus1216 View Post
    Ok, I can go back and give the upstairs some more love, and I can do the 1st floor unless you want to keep the changes you've made I'm happy with either. I didn't want to assume where windows were without them expressly on the map so I erred on the side of caution for that. Sorry about the renaming thing. I'll do the zip file next time. I also have access to S&S AP 1 & 2 that I can work on this next week as well.
    Yes, please just you do it. It'll get way too complicated if I do bits and you do bits

    And yes some poetic license is sometimes required where there are 'discrepancies' between text and map.
    If you need to contact customer support or if there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

  5. #25
    Zacchaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    16,852
    Quote Originally Posted by lavoiejh View Post
    Here are the definitions for Curse of Strahd. As I mentioned before I didn't take too many liberties with it, mostly used default lighting types, except to use a more orange type of light for hearths.

    Edit: I also didn't do the Castle Ravenloft maps, as they are isometric and not really useable as battlemaps any way.
    Great stuff lavoiejhh and thanks for taking part. Would you consider perhaps that the Burgomaster's Mansion and the Wachherhaus would have more lighting? There's nothing specific in the text but since there are people living in both locations (and since they don't have darkvision) I think maybe they'd be more well lit. I'd agree that storerooms, cellars and attic locations would be dark but I think that the living areas, kitchens and bedrooms would have lights.
    If you need to contact customer support or if there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

  6. #26
    Zacchaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    16,852
    Quote Originally Posted by wndrngdru View Post
    Here are updates to both maps. I adjusted the brightness of the smoldering fires and the color of all the other fires. I also changed the torches so they add drama to the room rather than just wash the whole thing with light. I think Room 50 came out pretty good. The grove around the tree had an ambient mask that wasn't there when I opened the map this time, so I re-added that.
    In all, I'm quite happy with these now.
    Perfect, I'll hang on to this one and update all the modules at once.
    If you need to contact customer support or if there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

  7. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Great stuff lavoiejhh and thanks for taking part. Would you consider perhaps that the Burgomaster's Mansion and the Wachherhaus would have more lighting? There's nothing specific in the text but since there are people living in both locations (and since they don't have darkvision) I think maybe they'd be more well lit. I'd agree that storerooms, cellars and attic locations would be dark but I think that the living areas, kitchens and bedrooms would have lights.
    I agree they would, but wasn't sure what the preference was (hence my previous questions about whether we should take artistic license or not). I figured I'd start with doing it nearly completely "by the book." I can go back through and make them a bit more realistic, as I would for my own game.

  8. #28
    Here are the two maps from Curse of Strahd which you had proposed changes to. Let me know if you have any other suggestions.
    Attached Files Attached Files

  9. #29

    Pathfinder 1 Skull & Shackles 2 Raiders of the Fever Sea

    Here are the maps for the 2nd S&S AP. Let me know if you would like any touch ups done, I may have rushed my own QC as it is getting late. The S&S ones take longer because LOS isn't defined in the module. I'll do AP 1 later this week, and then I do all my touch ups on Sunday.

    Just curious, how can I use these XMLs to update the modules currently on my PC since I made a new campaign just for editing the lighting definitions?
    Attached Files Attached Files

  10. #30
    Zacchaeus's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    16,852
    Quote Originally Posted by lavoiejh View Post
    Here are the two maps from Curse of Strahd which you had proposed changes to. Let me know if you have any other suggestions.
    Great stuff; I'll get these into the module.
    If you need to contact customer support or if there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here http://fgapp.idea.informer.com/

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
SWADE Playlist

Log in

Log in