Starfinder Playlist
Page 22 of 25 First ... 122021222324 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by gmdmb3 View Post
    yeah mine does not have the LOS layer.
    Please post a pic.

EDIT: Disregard, didnt show screenshot on my phone. Too much Witcher watching....
    Last edited by Jiminimonka; December 17th, 2021 at 22:15.

Blog Entries
    Please tell us exactly which map so we can check.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Quote Originally Posted by gmdmb3 View Post
    yeah mine does not have the LOS layer.
    That's a very old version of the module (the title should show D&D The Yawning Portal - The Sunless Citadel). Can you go into your vault folder and delete the file WOTC5ETYP.dat and do an update. If that doesn't work then make sure that you don't have the Yawning Portal module in your modules folder.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Blog Entries
    You can try to revert the module from the module activation window. This will revert any changes you have made to the module and return it to the original format. Also, make sure you don't have anything in your modules folder that would override the official version. To be safe, you can try renaming your modules folder and then run an update to pull down a fresh copy. Then close and reopen the module within your campaign.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    That's a very old version of the module (the title should show D&D The Yawning Portal - The Sunless Citadel). Can you go into your vault folder and delete the file WOTC5ETYP.dat and do an update. If that doesn't work then make sure that you don't have the Yawning Portal module in your modules folder.
    That fixed!!! thank you so much! i was dreading having to do the grove level myself.

So I promise I've tried to find my own answer to what I assume is a simple question. But the number of posts and videos about FGU lighting is overwhelming - and so many of them are out of date.

I'll be brief:

I fully understand how to add lighting effects to tokens manually. It works great. No issues.

I just want to know what this little interface is for and how to use it - I've fiddled with it and it doesn't seem to do anything. If someone can just point me to the place where this has already been answered - because I'm sure that place exists and I'm just too dumb to find it - I would be in your debt.

TokenLightsTorch.JPG

Thanks!

EDIT: If it matters I'm running Pathfinder 1e/CoreRPG ruleset.

Quote Originally Posted by Jip View Post
    So I promise I've tried to find my own answer to what I assume is a simple question. But the number of posts and videos about FGU lighting is overwhelming - and so many of them are out of date.

I'll be brief:

I fully understand how to add lighting effects to tokens manually. It works great. No issues.

I just want to know what this little interface is for and how to use it - I've fiddled with it and it doesn't seem to do anything. If someone can just point me to the place where this has already been answered - because I'm sure that place exists and I'm just too dumb to find it - I would be in your debt.

TokenLightsTorch.JPG

Thanks!

EDIT: If it matters I'm running Pathfinder 1e/CoreRPG ruleset.
    That basically creates a new Token Effect as outlined here.

When you create a token light there, it will show up under Effects.

Thanks @Sulimo!

I should've figured that one out myself. I tried creating something new but I'm betting I didn't refresh that Effects window properly. I assume you can also edit the parameters of the built-in lights via that Options screen as well.

Cheers!

I've been playing through Princes of the Apocalypse, and ran into a real problem with one of the maps. The players wandered into a cavern with 8 light sources around the edge of the room, and the light sources were set to be candles. Once the players' tokens were in the room, none of them could interact with the tokens at all anymore, and they complained that the flicker effect was just making everything freak out- 8 flickering light sources, at full 100 speed as Candles default to, trying to light the place was just a disaster. In the moment, I just dragged the players out of the room myself, and later I just turned off lighting in the map.

I feel like I can complain about this because I'm the one who contributed the light XML for PotA in the first place. I was learning the lighting tools as I went, and I didn't know what was or wasn't a good idea. (Also, I noticed when actually playing through the map that there's one room whose description includes there being a green light source in the center that I had missed, in room N18.)

So, I am attaching a new XML file for the Howling Caves Player map, for anyone who wants or for Zacchaeus to include in an update if it suits. It turns off the Flicker on all the lights, and adds the light that I missed. A couple of the lights are braziers, so flicker could be justified, but I feel like better to be safe. But the room that caused the big problems is just some glowing mushrooms, and there's no reason for the flicker there.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Jolly Good. I#ll take a note to update that when I get the chance.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Thread Information