5E Character Create Playlist

Mummy Rot? Looking for feedback.

So I'm in the process of converting the Barrow maze 5ed to Fantasy Grounds Unity. In it are Runic Tablets that are similar to a deck of many things. If a PC reads a runic tablet then you roll on a table with 20 options half good, half bad. On there is PC's get mummy rot. There is no mummy rot in 5ed and ability damage is really not an ongoing thing so this is what I cane up with.

The target must make a DC 13 Constitution saving throw, and on a failure the target is cursed with Mummy Rot.

Mummy Rot

The onset for Mummy Rot is 1 minute. At which time, and after a long rest, the infected creature must make a DC 13 Constitution saving throw, and on a failed save the infected creature's Constitution and Charisma scores is reduced by 1d2, or nothing on a successful one.

Mummy Rot is both a curse and a disease and creatures have to be immune to both to be immune to Mummy Rot. It can only be cured by successfully removing both the cures effect and disease effect within 1 minute of each other. All creature's Constitution and Charisma score reductions from Mummy Rot are removed when Mummy Rot is cured.

Give me your feed back and ideas to make this better please.

Why don't you use the actual mummy rot found in the Rotting Fist attack of a Mummy? That version is potentially lethal though.

Rotting Fist. Melee Weapon Attack: +5 to hit, reach 5 ft., one target. Hit: 10 (2d6 + 3) bludgeoning damage plus 10 (3d6) necrotic damage. If the target is a creature, it must succeed on a DC 12 Constitution saving throw or be cursed with mummy rot. The cursed target can't regain hit points, and its hit point maximum decreases by 10 (3d6) for every 24 hours that elapse. If the curse reduces the target's hit point maximum to 0, the target dies, and its body turns to dust. The curse lasts until removed by the remove curse spell or other magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Griogre View Post
    Why don't you use the actual mummy rot found in the Rotting Fist attack of a Mummy? That version is potentially lethal though.
    Thank you. I missed that I skimmed over it and didn’t read the mummy very good.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonBetween View Post
    So I'm in the process of converting the Barrow maze 5ed to Fantasy Grounds Unity.
    Have fun with Room 196 D3.... I got 'em to eventually load into the tracker but trying to token select around half of them exceeded my willingness to wait. I also had to give up on getting the grid to align with the stock maps and am remaking chunks from scratch.

Quote Originally Posted by TVDinner View Post
    Have fun with Room 196 D3.... I got 'em to eventually load into the tracker but trying to token select around half of them exceeded my willingness to wait. I also had to give up on getting the grid to align with the stock maps and am remaking chunks from scratch.
    I changed the maps width and length separately to get it super close. I'm only using the the map as a templets for tiles. 196 D3 looks like it will be tough to run. I think I will only run 8 tokens at a time and as the PC's kill one undead then replace it with another till they kill the all 200 of them.

Here is a screen shot of the first 20 rooms I have completed.
    Barrow.jpg

What tileset is that? I poked around the store and the kickstarter packs and didn't find anything close. I'm just using one of Torstan's stone floor tiles and dropping walls/LOS on top. Very retro and boring.

Quote Originally Posted by TVDinner View Post
    What tileset is that? I poked around the store and the kickstarter packs and didn't find anything close. I'm just using one of Torstan's stone floor tiles and dropping walls/LOS on top. Very retro and boring.
    I got from dm guild. It’s DunGen stone tiles.

https://www.dmsguild.com/m/product/342672

Thread Information