DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 5 of 23 First ... 3456715 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    Bug

SPELL Importing spells doesn't import their embedded actions and defaults to automatically parsed actions.

e.g. Gust of Wind
    - Imported with SPELL: applies Save: Fort and Damage: 2d6 bludgeoning
    - Manually Dragged to list: applies Save: Fort, Effect: Gust of Wind [SELF][D:1], Effect:Prone, Damage: 2d6 bludgeoning
    Can you expand on what you mean by "importing" please'?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Bug

SPELLCLASS throws up the following error when ampersand / "&" symbol is used in the <spell class name> field. May impact other symbols as well. The Spell Class entry is added with the ampersand despite the error and displays correctly.
    Thanks for reporting.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

I'm not sure how helpful this report is, because I wasn't able to reproduce it reliably, but I ran into a bug where sometimes players couldn't see when first placed onto a new map. Selecting their token and even moving their token around didn't do anything. If I clicked on them, their token displayed the expected zone of vision, but from their point of view the map was black except for their token.

In both cases this happened, we were able to fix it by deleting the token, replacing it, and then having the player close and reopen the map. I'm not sure all those steps were needed; we kind of did it all at once because we were trying to keep game moving. Also, in both cases this happened, it didn't affect all players, just one or two.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    Can you expand on what you mean by "importing" please'?
    Using the new SPELL automation tag in a feat, feature or item field to add a spell to the actions tab.

Arcane sense does this with detect magic for instance.

e.g.

- [SPELL add Gust of Wind|Primal Innate Spell]
    - [SPELL|Gust of Wind|Primal Innate Spell]

Issue: The spell added does not include the spell effects that are in the spell entry, and reverts to automatically parsing effects instead.
    Last edited by lostsanityreturned; March 15th, 2021 at 06:19.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    but I ran into a bug where sometimes players couldn't see when first placed onto a new map.
    This is a FG:U issue not a PF2e ruleset issue and not connected to the R18 test. I recommend going to the house of healing thread for FG:U (although it is a known issue and lots of people have had this issue, including my players)

A work around is using the minimize / expand option for the image and or cycling the image to be larger/smaller with the arrow in the top right.

Using the new SPELL automation tag in a feat, feature or item field to add a spell to the actions tab.

Arcane sense does this with detect magic for instance.

e.g.

- [SPELL add Gust of Wind|Primal Innate Spell]
    - [SPELL|Gust of Wind|Primal Innate Spell]

Issue: The spell added does not include the spell effects that are in the spell entry, and reverts to automatically parsing effects instead.
    Ah, right. Thanks for clarifying and reporting. Fixed in R18t4.

Thanks for the info, lostsanity. Hard to tell what is a new bug and what is just a bug I haven't seen before, sometimes.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    Thanks for the info, lostsanity. Hard to tell what is a new bug and what is just a bug I haven't seen before, sometimes.
    Please see post #2 of this thread for what the Release 18 testing involves. It's easy to get mixed up with the lighting testing getting released a day after, but it's actually quite simple - if the functionality is not to do with the Pathfinder Second Edition RPG system, then it's not part of the ruleset, and it's not part of the Release 18 testing if the functionality isn't listed in post #2 of this thread. Please make sure you post in the appropriate thread - not doing so dilutes, and sometimes completely destroys, the intent of the thread. Thanks.

Inconsistency / Possible Bug

AC and ATK effects with the item bonus type are handled differently in the ruleset with armours and weapons.

• "AC: * item" is only applied once the total exceeds the equipped armour's combined "AC Bonus" and "Bonus" fields
    • "ATK: * item" bonus applies to weapon attacks in addition for the item's "Bonus" field.

I discovered this as I was testing an automatic bonus progression "feat", I was expecting both to work how it was working for the weapon's ATK effect does (although I would prefer it to be like the AC's).

(Just checked this in R17, turns out this inconsistency had already existed but I never noticed before)

Inconsistency / Possible Bug

AC and ATK effects with the item bonus type are handled differently in the ruleset with armours and weapons.

• "AC: * item" is only applied once the total exceeds the equipped armour's combined "AC Bonus" and "Bonus" fields
    • "ATK: * item" bonus applies to weapon attacks in addition for the item's "Bonus" field.

I discovered this as I was testing an automatic bonus progression "feat", I was expecting both to work how it was working for the weapon's ATK effect does (although I would prefer it to be like the AC's).

(Just checked this in R17, turns out this inconsistency had already existed but I never noticed before)
    Yeah, that's been around for a bit. The whole effects and bonus type system will get an overhaul - probably in release 20, with some things (damage related) in release 19.

Thread Information