FG Spreadshirt Swag
Page 4 of 23 First ... 2345614 ... Last
    Release 18t3 is now in the test channel, run an update to get the following fixes:

• "Effect:" with NPC automation throws up the error: [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_actions.lua"]:340: setType: Invalid argument. Fixed in R18t3.
    • The sort by "ascending/descending" feature parses the 10s and 20s after the 1s and 2s. Fixed in R18t3.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Just watched the lighting video and WOW.

My favorite thing is definitely darkvision actually being grayscale, that is a super cool touch.

EDIT: Will this version include a way to add light sources directly to maps, or is that a future thing?
    Last edited by MaxAstro; March 14th, 2021 at 16:10.

To my understanding Darkvision should also turn any dim light areas to monochrome/gray. But I understand that this functionality is not possible yet.

Quote Originally Posted by MaxAstro View Post
    Will this version include a way to add light sources directly to maps, or is that a future thing?
    Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    To my understanding Darkvision should also turn any dim light areas to monochrome/gray. But I understand that this functionality is not possible yet.
    These are independent of the PF2 Release 18 functionality. Please ask questions about, or discuss, this in the dynamic lighting threads. Thanks.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

So I understand that rulesets cannot alter the functionality of lighting functions to follow their specific implementations? Good to know and indeed then there is no point in discussing these things in the ruleset forum sections.

Quote Originally Posted by Weissrolf View Post
    So I understand that rulesets cannot alter the functionality of lighting functions to follow their specific implementations? Good to know and indeed then there is no point in discussing these things in the ruleset forum sections.
    No, that's not the case. I don't want discussions about general lighting/ruleset information in the PF2 Release 18 testing thread. Please respect that and post such questions elsewhere. And please don't reply to this post in this thread either, unless you are specifically discussing the PF2 Release 18 testing - see post #2 in this thread for what this covers. If you want to discuss lighting for the PF2 ruleset please start another thread. Thanks.

All of the coming changes will be useful for my groups and I will test them with copies of our actual campaigns/chars.

- Saveresults: we have PCs that come with corresponding feats. Usually players keep that in mind themselves, but it's nice to not think about it anymore.

- PC effects: should be very useful for ranger's "Hunt Prey" effect that currently we put on some weapons (often forgot to reapply to CT entry once cleared).

- Item effects: replaces an extension that I already paid for (see last entry), but obviously useful.

- Weapon training automation: yes, please. Not much of an issue for PCs who keep using the same weapon for months of play, but easily mixed up for PCs with lots of weaponry (looking at you AoA ranger).

- Spells "apply all related effects": This one looks useful, but I did not find an explanation in the video?! What does "state setting" mean? I quickly tried it with one of the Dragon Pillar hazards in Age of Ashes and clicking the button does nothing. I also wonder what happens when a PC re-rolls a safe via hero point (first roll done via spell's own save button, re-roll done via PC sheet)?

Bug

SPELLCLASS throws up the following error when ampersand / "&" symbol is used in the <spell class name> field. May impact other symbols as well. The Spell Class entry is added with the ampersand despite the error and displays correctly.

[ERROR] FormattedText SetValue XML Error: An error occurred while parsing EntityName. Line 1, position 119

Bug

SPELL Importing spells doesn't import their embedded actions and defaults to automatically parsed actions.

e.g. Gust of Wind
    - Imported with SPELL: applies Save: Fort and Damage: 2d6 bludgeoning
    - Manually Dragged to list: applies Save: Fort, Effect: Gust of Wind [SELF][D:1], Effect:Prone, Damage: 2d6 bludgeoning

Thread Information