DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 23 First 123412 ... Last
    This is amazing work, thank you

Bug

The "[EFFECT use]" tag e.g. [EFFECT use ATK: 2 item], applies correctly to melee weapons but doesn't apply to ranged weapons for some reason. (changing the subgroup to martial or martial melee makes the effects apply when cycling equip status).

Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    Bug

The "[EFFECT use]" tag e.g. [EFFECT use ATK: 2 item], applies correctly to melee weapons but doesn't apply to ranged weapons for some reason. (changing the subgroup to martial or martial melee makes the effects apply when cycling equip status).
    Thanks for reporing.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Bug

Effects applied to weapons work when double clicking but do not apply when clicking and dragging (into the chatbox or onto a target)

Bug

Effects applied to weapons work when double clicking but do not apply when clicking and dragging (into the chatbox or onto a target)
    Thanks for reporting.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Note

Not a bug but more of an interesting side effect, tags (level, ability score and so on) cannot currently be applied via the character effects. Might be worth noting this in the wiki documentation (upon release) to avoid confusion.

On a related note (using the example that revealed this limitation to me), if you wish to have effects still be visible on the combat tracker I suggest using something similar to the following

Character Effects
    IF:CUSTOM(Spirit Rage: Positive); DMG: 2; DMGTYPE: negative, ghost touch; AC: -1; Raging Resistance
    IF:CUSTOM(Raging Resistance); IFT:TYPE(Undead); RESIST: 7 all
    The 7 above should be con+3, but limitations necessitate it be manually entered

Actions Tab and "Spell" action for rage
    "Spirit Rage: Positive"

It shrinks the giant list of effects down substantially and while it isn't quite as nice as a "Name:" field would be, it is an absolute godsend.

Note

Not a bug but more of an interesting side effect, tags (level, ability score and so on) cannot currently be applied via the character effects. Might be worth noting this in the wiki documentation (upon release) to avoid confusion.
    That's part of the massive amount of documentation I need to do for this release.

Character effects can't be processed the same as the old "apply an effect and replace the tags when they effect is applied" process, as there will be some character effects that remain in place forever and need to adjust their values as they change. An example being the Forge Dwarf heritage fire resistance, which is equal to half the PC level, minimum of 1. These dynamic effects use curly brackets in the effect {<tag>} and are replaced at runtime - you can hover over the name of the character effect entry to get the current effect data.

For example (cursor removed for clarity) - HLVLM1 (half level minimum 1) for the Forge Dwarf Heritage Feature:

Attached Images Attached Images

Those are some great updates!

Minor update = Release 18t2 (test 2).

Fixing the following:

- Feats Armor Proficiency and Weapon Proficiency don't work correctly. Fixed in Core Rules R18t2.
    - Feat Toughness doesn't revert the modifier when removed from PC. Fixed in R18t2.
    - The "[EFFECT use]" tag e.g. [EFFECT use ATK: 2 item], applies correctly to melee weapons but doesn't apply to ranged weapons. Fixed in R18t2.
    - Effects applied to weapons work when double clicking but do not apply when clicking and dragging (into the chatbox or onto a target). Fixed in R18t2.
    - Item with "item" effect - when changing from not carried to carried the chargen tracker would indicate that it was unable to remove automation. Fixed in R18t2.

Added:
    - Senses integration for the dynamic lighting now in test.
    - Added Effect automation to some Core Rules records for dynamic lighting: candle, torch, everburning torch, lantern (hooded, not bullseye) itesm; and added normal effect actions to light and continual flame. Item automation allows equipping of a light source to automatically utilize the associated "LIGHT" effect.

Bug

The sort by "ascending/descending" feature parses the 10s and 20s after the 1s and 2s

e.g.

Unrelated, was going to mention light not updating from the character effects window, but I see you have already got on it an fixed it -laughs-

Hopeful Request
    Item Bonuses: Could we get the bonus sections of armour and weapons to be parsed as item bonuses rather than misc bonuses? (I am assuming the eventual goal is to be able to drop runes into weapons and armour directly, but it would be nice in the meantime, given that there are other ways to add less static misc bonuses)

Thread Information