STAR TREK 2d20
Page 18 of 23 First ... 81617181920 ... Last
    Not sure if this is a PF2E or CoreRPG Ruleset thing or if it is really a bug per se. Either way it is a minor thing.

Noted that when leveling up a character in FGC that the new level number value did not register in the Character Selection window. I had to close the Character Selection windows and reopen it for it to show up properly.

Quote Originally Posted by Stargrove View Post
    Not sure if this is a PF2E or CoreRPG Ruleset thing or if it is really a bug per se. Either way it is a minor thing.

Noted that when leveling up a character in FGC that the new level number value did not register in the Character Selection window. I had to close the Character Selection windows and reopen it for it to show up properly.
    That's standard across CoreRPG based rulesets in general - data in the character selection window isn't dynamic to that level.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

bug?

The following introduces blank read only effects to the combat tracker, not sure if this is the intent or not (personally I was terrified of them showing up as it defeats the purpose of character effects simplifying the combat tracker display for me)

Character effects*now sync to the Combat Tracker (CT), but are read only in the CT - they're only modified via the PC character effects. Having them in the CT allows all FG instances (GM and players) to access the effects and facilitate IF and IFT conditional effects correctly. Weapon effects remain in the weapon entry as they don't need to be in the CT to be used.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    bug?

The following introduces blank read only effects to the combat tracker, not sure if this is the intent or not (personally I was terrified of them showing up as it defeats the purpose of character effects simplifying the combat tracker display for me)
    They should only appear blank if you're adding a character effect and don't add any actual effect text. I could change it to not send a blank effect to the combat tracker?

Otherwise, could you upload a PC XML that is causing the issue.

Edit: The purpose of character effects is not specifically simplify the combat tracker display; it’s to give more functionality driven from the character sheet, including dynamic variables. The exact display of these is still up for debate. The effects have to be in the CT to allow targeted effects from other player controlled actors to work correctly.
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 2nd, 2021 at 06:32.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    They should only appear blank if you're adding a character effect and don't add any actual effect text. I could change it to not send a blank effect to the combat tracker?

Otherwise, could you upload a PC XML that is causing the issue.

Edit: The purpose of character effects is not specifically simplify the combat tracker display; it’s to give more functionality driven from the character sheet, including dynamic variables. The exact display of these is still up for debate. The effects have to be in the CT to allow targeted effects from other player controlled actors to work correctly.
    Nope, look at the screenshot below, 3 character effects turned on and all entries are blank.
    Effects do not work. Character xml is attached.

2021-05-02 10_12_09-Fantasy Grounds.png

[Edit] I just added a space and deleted it again in the effect text and it appears properly now as well as working.

2021-05-02 10_32_25-Fantasy Grounds.png
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Farnaby; May 2nd, 2021 at 09:33. Reason: Found temp solution.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
    Nope, look at the screenshot below, 3 character effects turned on and all entries are blank.
    Effects do not work. Character xml is attached.

2021-05-02 10_12_09-Fantasy Grounds.png

[Edit] I just added a space and deleted it again in the effect text and it appears properly now as well as working.

2021-05-02 10_32_25-Fantasy Grounds.png
    Thanks for providing the XML. I see an issue with characters that had these present before the R18t8 code changes. I'll get a fix in the next release. For now you can just cycle the item back round to equip, or make a change to the effect string in the character effect - e.g. add a space at the end then delete it.

FYI, cycling it round didn't work, only editing the effect string.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

The poster above me has it right and it is what I was trying to explain prior, I was going to take some screenshots but they have already beaten me to the punch.

I figured as much since you made the change, but it is still a shame. My players characters will be flooded with 4-7 lines of effects like they used to be, burying important active effects amongst known automation.

It would be nice if combat tracker effects had a gm/all/hidden set of options.
    Similar to how effects from the effect panel have a gm/all option, but the last option hiding them from GM sight on the combat tracker too if necessary like it was working before this 18t8

To illustrate how I have it set up currently on one of my player's spirit rage barbarian. I have the following character effects:

Rage "IF:CUSTOM(Rage); DMG: 2, melee; AC: -1; Raging Resistance; IF:CUSTOM(agile); DMG: -1;"

Spirit Rage (positive) "IF:CUSTOM(Spirit Rage positive); DMG: 7, melee; DMGTYPE: positive, ghost touch; AC: -1; Raging Resistance; IF:CUSTOM(agile); DMG: -4;"

Spirit Rage (negative) "IF:CUSTOM(Spirit Rage negative); DMG: 7, melee; DMGTYPE: negative, ghost touch; AC: -1; Raging Resistance; IF:CUSTOM(agile); DMG: -4;"

Raging Resistance "IF:CUSTOM(Raging Resistance); IFT:TYPE(Undead); RESIST: {CON}+3 all"

(the agile from IF agile is just an effect I have put into weapons as a stopgap for rage, it isn't actually reading whether the weapon has the agile trait or not)

Currently the character in the combat tracker puts on one of three effects to have all of the above be taken into consideration.
    - Rage
    - Spirit Rage positive
    - Spirit Rage negative

And then that is all that displays in the combat tracker while everything else is automated behind the scene. Because at levels 7-9+ having spell effects active, magical item active effects, alchemical item effects and more, it becomes chaotic to an extreme.

Anyway, this is not a request to change it, just a mourning the loss of a feature I thought had been intended but was obviously not.
    Last edited by lostsanityreturned; May 2nd, 2021 at 10:14.

Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    Anyway, this is not a request to change it, just a mourning the loss of a feature I thought had been intended but was obviously not.
    That was a minor part of the character effects, but not the main drive for it.

I've already coded a filter for the effect type ("ct" or "char") in the code, it's just how to integrate this nicely into an already crowded GUI. "The effects have to be in the CT..." doesn't mean the effects have to be visible in the CT. No need to mourn. Leave it with me...

I've already coded a filter for the effect type ("ct" or "char") in the code, it's just how to integrate this nicely into an already crowded GUI.
    It sounds like something that would be fine in the settings to turn on or off for me. I'd actually not expect it in the CT UI to be honest. Between the paladin (oath, smite evil, etc.) and the ranger (hunt prey) and various runes, resistances there's more effects in the CT that are always on than situational effects at times. While it might not be the main driver, for us the main thing to look forward to regarding this feature was de-cluttering the CT a bit.

Thread Information