DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 17 of 23 First ... 71516171819 ... Last
    Everburning Torch does not add it's automation effects to the character effects tab.
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
    Everburning Torch does not add it's automation effects to the character effects tab.
    Is it carried or equipped? It works fine for me when I equip the item, which is what it's designed to do.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Hmm, equipped.
    I'm running 18t7 with no extensions.

Okay, I'm going to bury my head in shame here and stop bothering you.
    It was an imported PC and of course I needed to add the Everburning Torch from the test items as that one has the automation....

I will try to figure stuff out for longer than 20 mins before asking here
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
    Okay, I'm going to bury my head in shame here and stop bothering you.
    It was an imported PC and of course I needed to add the Everburning Torch from the test items as that one has the automation....

I will try to figure stuff out for longer than 20 mins before asking here
    Hehe - that's cool, I appreciate you using the test version and giving feedback.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

New update in test today - R18t8, which I'm hoping will be the release candidate that will get pushed to live if testing goes OK.

Main things to look for

Character effects now sync to the Combat Tracker (CT), but are read only in the CT - they're only modified via the PC character effects. Having them in the CT allows all FG instances (GM and players) to access the effects and facilitate IF and IFT conditional effects correctly. Weapon effects remain in the weapon entry as they don't need to be in the CT to be used.

Damage immunity, weakness and resistance code has been completely rewritten to fully represent PF2 rules and clarifications such as this: https://paizo.com/threads/rzs42bxf?T...ness-System#24 I'm sure there'll be some edge cases that I hadn't foreseen to tested. But hopefully this will be a lot better at recreating the PF2 damage rules than previous releases.

Class Kits have been added to the Core Rules DLC.

Ruleset:

Changed:
    - Character effects sync to CT effects (read only).
    - Attack result process and message changes:
    -- Simplified attack result message string
    -- Attack IFT ATK effects moved to apply to original roll, not result display. As per 2021-04-20 ruleset changes.
    -- Reworked the attack result string.
    -- Converted modifier button cover attack meta data to be LCOVER, COVER and GCOVER.
    - Save result message - actor name moved to the start of the message.
    - Complete rewrite of immune, weakness and resistance calculations and damage instances.
    - Re-work of resistance calculations for exceptions and in particular "double resistance vs. non-magical"
    - Effects code use new ActorManager.getEffects(rActor) and ActorManager.addActiveEffectNode(rActor, nodeWeapon) code.
    - Changed [EFFECT item ...] automation. [EFFECT carry ...] and [EFFECT equip ...] added to allow character effect to be activated based off item being carried (includes equipped) or equipped only.

Added:
    - Calculate inventory total item values to highest coin denominator. e.g. 10 sp converted to 1 gp
    - Class kit functionality
    - Character effects dynamic variables XRef functionality and details window.
    - ITEM automation - used to add items to the character
    - alignment damage immunity.

FIXED:
    - FGU "sheetfocus" warning.
    - ALT-click on condition wouldn't display lookup data description.
    - Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_gamesystem.lua"]:460: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'profBonus' (a nil value) - when adding some classes with spells.
    - "double resistance vs. non-magical" effects for incorporeal creatures correctly parsed and applied to NPCs when added to the Combat Tracker.
    - RS2.097 and RS2.107 - Immunity, Weakness and Resistance issues.

Core Rules DLC:

- Some example automation updates.
    - Addition of class kits.
    Last edited by Trenloe; April 27th, 2021 at 17:44.

Found a work around to my lighting / darkvision bug.

At some point the core lighting rules broke the darkvision rules for Pathfinder 2e (It worked for a few weeks into this test then stopped working). It now needs a distance attached to the word darkvision for it to calculate token visibility correctly. I have tested with with darkvision 2000 and it now works correctly.

See this for more details.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ith-darkvision

This is working for me for any creature that has "Darkvision" in Senses; or for any token linked to combat tracker entry with "VISION: darkvision" effect.

How were you getting effects to apply with numbers?

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by JesterOC View Post
    Found a work around to my lighting / darkvision bug.

At some point the core lighting rules broke the darkvision rules for Pathfinder 2e (It worked for a few weeks into this test then stopped working). It now needs a distance attached to the word darkvision for it to calculate token visibility correctly. I have tested with with darkvision 2000 and it now works correctly.

See this for more details.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...ith-darkvision
    As responded in that thread, this isn't a PF2 specific issue. Please continue discussion in that thread and not this one. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    As responded in that thread, this isn't a PF2 specific issue. Please continue discussion in that thread and not this one. Thanks.
    Understood only because another forum user suggested that it might be a PF2 issue, I thought I would mention it here just in case they were right. And that was before you replied so I am sorry for cluttering up this thread with this.

Release 18t9 has been pushed to the test channel.

Barring any major issues, I'm targeting this for release to live Tuesday 11th May. If anyone is considering testing this please do so now - I'd like help doing some final testing to catch issues before this goes into the live environment. Thanks to anyone who assists, or has already assisted, with testing for this release.

Ruleset:

Fixed:
    - Multiple damage immunities only processing the first damage instance.
    - Error when importing a PC with items containing character effect automation

Added:
    - Chargen tracker message to train a different skill if current skill is at least trained.
    - Option to add class equipment kit after applying step 4 (Free boosts) in chargen tracker at level 1.
    - DMGTPE and DMGSTYPE effects are now targetable.
    - "Dedication" trait type to feat filter.

Core Rules DLC

Second Printing errata updates to end of Chapter 6 - Equipment (page 295).

Thread Information