DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 16 of 23 First ... 61415161718 ... Last
    Great News, thank you very much, Trenloe!

Woot!
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Terry Pratchett [RIP] - Jingo

Is Trenloe the same person as that really cool Scottish guy on our you tube (how to do lighting) videos?
    Ultimate License holder Unity & Classic.
    Currently GM'ing Homebrew Pathfinder 2.

He's the guy that has the lighting videos, yea.

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    Is Trenloe the same person as that really cool Scottish guy on our you tube (how to do lighting) videos?
    Quote Originally Posted by Milke View Post
    He's the guy that has the lighting videos, yea.
    As far as I am aware, Trenloe's personal channel is the one they link to in the first post.
    I believe with "the really cool Scottish guy" you are refering to Philip Greig, which I believe would actually be Zacchaeus. This would also fit with their listed location.

There is one question I have. Sorry if I missed it while checking this thread and your linked documents Trenloe:
    Armor now also has the "Properties" line. What is the proper wording to apply a resilient rune? I at first guessed "Resilient", just like it is simply "Striking" for weapons, but this did not seem to work on my end.

Quote Originally Posted by Intemperiae View Post
    As far as I am aware, Trenloe's personal channel is the one they link to in the first post.
    I believe with "the really cool Scottish guy" you are refering to Philip Greig, which I believe would actually be Zacchaeus. This would also fit with their listed location.
    Dammit! That spoils my fun with seeing how far the misinformation would go...

Quote Originally Posted by Intemperiae View Post
    Armor now also has the "Properties" line. What is the proper wording to apply a resilient rune? I at first guessed "Resilient", just like it is simply "Striking" for weapons, but this did not seem to work on my end.
    It's always had the properties line. But nothing's been done with it - neither in previous releases or release 18.

Resilient runes, with release 18, can be covered with an item automation entry of: [EFFECT equip SAVE: 1 item] (This is release 18t8 syntax).
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by larsenex View Post
    is trenloe the same person as that really cool scottish guy on our you tube (how to do lighting) videos?
    Quote Originally Posted by milke View Post
    he's the guy that has the lighting videos, yea.
    lol
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Just tried to add a character effect to simulate a Pendant of the Occult "While wearing the pendant, you gain a +1 item bonus to Occultism checks".

I tried using the effects like you did in your video with ATK: 1 status and entered SKILL: 1 item occultism, this did not work.
    So I went to the item and added it there.
    EFFECT: item SKILL: 1 item, occultism works but only when I equip the item and I want it to work when I carry it.
    I tried swapping the item with carry also tried item: carry, items: carry but they all didn't work.
    How does the item keyword work?
    “Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.”

Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
    Just tried to add a character effect to simulate a Pendant of the Occult "While wearing the pendant, you gain a +1 item bonus to Occultism checks".

I tried using the effects like you did in your video with ATK: 1 status and entered SKILL: 1 item occultism, this did not work.
    If you enter the effect directly in the character effects section then you need to enter the effect in the effect line not the source name - click the magnifying glass to reveal the effect line (the one with the effect icon to the left).

Quote Originally Posted by Farnaby View Post
    So I went to the item and added it there.
    EFFECT: item SKILL: 1 item, occultism works but only when I equip the item and I want it to work when I carry it.
    I tried swapping the item with carry also tried item: carry, items: carry but they all didn't work.
    How does the item keyword work?
    In R18t7 [EFFECT item...] only works when an item is equipped. In R18t8 (which I hope to release into test this next week) there are additional options as detailed in the google doc - [EFFECT equip...] (equivalent to the current EFFECT item) and [EFFECT carry...]

The "Pendant of the Occult" is an invested item, so I'd use [EFFECT item...] as is now - it only provides the benefits when invested (treat that as equipped). Just wearing it without investing (e.g. carrying) won't give any of the benefits.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    If you enter the effect directly in the character effects section then you need to enter the effect in the effect line not the source name - click the magnifying glass to reveal the effect line (the one with the effect icon to the left).
    I did that and just found out that I screwed up by missing the comma between item and occultism.. :-(

Quote Originally Posted by Trenloe View Post
    In R18t7 [EFFECT item...] only works when an item is equipped. In R18t8 (which I hope to release into test this next week) there are additional options as detailed in the google doc - [EFFECT equip...] (equivalent to the current EFFECT item) and [EFFECT carry...]

The "Pendant of the Occult" is an invested item, so I'd use [EFFECT item...] as is now - it only provides the benefits when invested (treat that as equipped). Just wearing it without investing (e.g. carrying) won't give any of the benefits.
    Nice, looking forward to new stuff.

Thanks.

Thread Information