STAR TREK 2d20
Page 14 of 23 First ... 41213141516 ... Last
    Just been playing around with the latest FGU update, and came across a problem with Item Effects.

If I add an item with a Light Effect to a PC - such as a candle or lantern - the Effect won't come into effect until I click to add a new Effect on the PC via the CT. As soon as the 'new effect' button is clicked, the light effect in the PC Perm Effects bit begins to work. This also applies when toggling the effect off and on in the Char Sheet Perm. Effects bit - nothing will change until an empty Effect is added via the CT.

Edit: I suspect this issue has been fixed by today's CoreRPG hotfix, but I haven't had time to check it yet.

I'm also getting an error, but only on the Client side (GM doesn't experience it), when the client first connects to the GM, or whenever an image is shared with the client.

No Extensions are loaded.
    Last edited by Surge; April 14th, 2021 at 18:38.

Bug

After the latest conditions tab change you can no longer shift or alt click (I cannot remember which it was) conditions to get a description of the condition

Also, the window height is too small to fit all the conditions now and requires resizing when opened

I received this error after adding the Bard class to a character via the Tracker:
    [ERROR] Script execution error: [string "scripts/manager_gamesystem.lua"]:460: attempt to perform arithmetic on local 'profBonus' (a nil value)

THis thread has gotten sort of quiet in the last several weeks but I have not heard anything new about a possible release date. Curious if there are any updates?
    Last edited by Stargrove; April 15th, 2021 at 21:50.

I believe they are waiting for FGU to release to v4.1

Is that the upcoming "lighting update"? Given the issues they seem to be having with lighting it could be a while before this gets released. That makes me a little sad....
    Last edited by Stargrove; April 16th, 2021 at 02:29.

Quote Originally Posted by Thes33 View Post
    "Moved the focus points data for a focus spell class to be stored in one place for the PC. This means that if a PC has multiple focus spell classes they will all use the same focus point pool as per the Core Rules."

This sounds great for actual focus point pools. However, I'm currently using a focus point class to track magical staves, much like I used a power-point class in PF1 for the same purpose. Would it be possible to maintain an analogous point-based spell-class for tracking staves and their associated charges?
    There'll be a better way to track things like this in release 19 or 20. Hopefully @MaxAstro's suggestion will tide you over until then.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    If I add an item with a Light Effect to a PC - such as a candle or lantern - the Effect won't come into effect until I click to add a new Effect on the PC via the CT. As soon as the 'new effect' button is clicked, the light effect in the PC Perm Effects bit begins to work. This also applies when toggling the effect off and on in the Char Sheet Perm. Effects bit - nothing will change until an empty Effect is added via the CT.
    Thanks for reporting. This issue occurs when the player equips the item (which is the main use case, so not great). R18t8 has the character effect code completely re-written to fix issues like this. The re-write is one of the main reasons for the delay in moving this into live.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Surge View Post
    Edit: I suspect this issue has been fixed by today's CoreRPG hotfix, but I haven't had time to check it yet.

I'm also getting an error, but only on the Client side (GM doesn't experience it), when the client first connects to the GM, or whenever an image is shared with the client.

No Extensions are loaded.
    Please let me know if this is still an issue.

Thread Information