DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 20 of 23 First ... 101819202122 ... Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    Trenloe,

Regarding the wounding rune for players which adds 1d6 persistent bleed to each hit.
    What our group has been doing is rolling outside of the CT a 1d6 and I am adding that number as PERS to the target.

Will release 18 allow us to add the random 1d6 and add the persistent bleed to a target if that rune/effect is added to a weapon?
    You can do this in the current release:
    1) Add the persistent damage effect as PERS: 1d6 bleed - changes every round, it's not static.
    2) Or add another damage entry to the weapon with a d6 damage and type of "persistent, bleed" - this will apply the PERS: 1d6 bleed when damage is rolled on a target.

The critical 1d12 persistent bleed isn't handled at present, so that will have to be manually adjusted by the GM after it's been applied.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Larsenex View Post
    Trenloe,

Regarding the wounding rune for players which adds 1d6 persistent bleed to each hit.
    What our group has been doing is rolling outside of the CT a 1d6 and I am adding that number as PERS to the target.

Will release 18 allow us to add the random 1d6 and add the persistent bleed to a target if that rune/effect is added to a weapon?
    That's not quite how it works, you should roll each round, so the effect should be "PERS: 1d6 bleed" to the target.

Oops, ninjaed by Trenloe, who sneakily posted on the next page!
    Last edited by Zaister; May 7th, 2021 at 19:36.

This is off topic to the release, but is the wounding rune supposed to be a random application of Bleed dmg (re rolled each round)? Thus on the initial application it can be PERS 1 and next round it could b PERS 6 and the following round PERS 2.

Is this how its supposed to work?
    Ultimate License holder Unity & Classic.
    Currently GM'ing Homebrew Pathfinder 2.

Yes; many persistent damage effects in 2e are dice instead of flat amounts, and you roll the dice each time the damage is applied. From the CRB on persistent damage:
    Instead of taking persistent damage immediately, you take it at the end of each of your turns as long as you have the condition, rolling any damage dice anew each time.
    Emphasis mine.

Trenloe, do things look to be on schedule for LIVE release this week (5/10 to 5/14) or is it looking more like next week?

Not so much a bug but something to consider. NPC spellcasters don't have an option for setting their ability bonus, and as such spells with "base" don't have anything to read from (mentioning as A18 has brought base into spells and I can see this being a pain for module creators).

Quote Originally Posted by lostsanityreturned View Post
    Not so much a bug but something to consider. NPC spellcasters don't have an option for setting their ability bonus, and as such spells with "base" don't have anything to read from (mentioning as A18 has brought base into spells and I can see this being a pain for module creators).
    I cant' find anything in the Core Rules, Gamemastery Guide or Bestiary that indicate what casting stat NPCs use for spellcasting. Innate spells, in theory, should be Charisma (Core Rules page 302) but don't know if, by design NPC spellcasters don't specifically apply a spellcasting ability - i.e it's all already calculated in the spellcasting DC and attack stats. But, this does of course mess with some spells (Daze being a simple example). OK, so you can take a guess based off the tradition, but this is not 100% accurate.

Have you seen an official source saying what spellcasting ability an NPC should have?
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Quote Originally Posted by Stargrove View Post
    Trenloe, do things look to be on schedule for LIVE release this week (5/10 to 5/14) or is it looking more like next week?
    Not this week. Maybe next week; probably the week after that. I just don't feel that this has had enough testing. I simulate gameplay testing regularly and use it to game once a week. In each gaming session I uncover an issue. Not a major game stopping one, but an issue nonetheless.
    Last edited by Trenloe; May 11th, 2021 at 14:18.

Update:

Release to live provisionally set to Tuesday May 25th, 2021. Subject to change based on continued testing.

1st: Thank you for all your hard work!

2nd: I'm going to start testing today, with Extinction Curse (book 1).

3th: Just a few spells are automatized, right? Is there a list of automated spells? This would help us to differentiate between those that have no optimization and those that have, but are incorrect.

Thread Information