STAR TREK 2d20
Page 4 of 5 First ... 2345 Last
    Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    if there is a demand or someone really wants it, an extension can no doubt be knocked out soon enough.
    I'm not so sure about that.
    There's a pretty limited set of available functions in lua and integration with something like bluetooth dice might be beyond what extension devs have access to.

It would be cool to have this integration with Bluetooth dice. I know the Pixels Electronic Dice are open source so why not just work it into unity?

Quote Originally Posted by Trentis View Post
    It would be cool to have this integration with Bluetooth dice. I know the Pixels Electronic Dice are open source so why not just work it into unity?
    Probably because they are a niche product (and a rather disgustingly-disposable one at that given the non-replacable nature of their lithium-ion batteries) and something like that would take development time and possibly also re-working of the code already in use.

But they might be working on it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Trentis View Post
    The other way to think of it, if the devs spend time to support Pixel Dice, then that means their is something else they don't get to put into FGU. Right now they are working on lighting and vision. I think most people would rather have lighting and vision rather than Pixel Dice integration.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

with these dice, i can see it being very easy for someone to pretend to roll the dice by just shaking it vigorously, before placing down on the table with wanted number facing up.

If players are remote and using manual rolls, they can already cheat anytime they want to by just typing in the numbers they want versus actually rolling. Only way you are going to stop that is by requiring everyone to have camera's on their dice when they are rolled. If I have to really be that concerned with my players cheating, I have the wrong players.

As to the Pixel Dice, keep in mind, they aren't going to be delivering them for almost another year. Lighting and vision should be out before then (since they are intending on it potentially coming out this month).

So, to revive this thread, it looks like shipping is going to be starting on these in January 2024. Any news on whether or not they will be supported? I'm guessing no, but is there an enterprising extension writer out there who might be interested?

Until Doug and John get their set (I think John backed it?) I wouldn't expect any movement on it.

We have neither received hardware nor libraries for this; and are currently focused on other projects (as seen in peeks on FG Friday videos). We would not even look at where this fits into our development priorities until we have hardware/software in hand.

Regards,
    JPG

Quote Originally Posted by Moon Wizard View Post
    We have neither received hardware nor libraries for this; and are currently focused on other projects (as seen in peeks on FG Friday videos). We would not even look at where this fits into our development priorities until we have hardware/software in hand.

Regards,
    JPG
    Just filled out my order - hope you get yours soon!

Thread Information