Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 5 123 ... Last

Pixel Dice Kickstarter with Possible FG Support???

So people who hate me having money mentioned this new Kickstarter for "smart light-up dice" that have bluetooth and api support.

However the Bluetooth protocol used by the dice isn’t proprietary, and many other apps will be able to talk directly to the dice as well. We are already in talks with D&D Beyond, Roll20, Foundry, and a few others to integrate Pixels directly.
    We are also discussing potential integration with both D&D Beyond and Fantasy Grounds.
    Really hoping that this is going to be a thing, I've already backed for 4 dice (gotta have that advantage/disadvantage sets!).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects...lectronic-dice

Not the first set of bluetooth dice .....

Very cool project, not cool price for set
    The past is a rudder to guide us, not an anchor to hold us back.

is very expensive but useless to me unless I can throw dice and FGU recognizes the rolling and numbers.

Would be nice at the table....

But a set 200USD..... is for rich nerds.

Blog Entries
    I would wait until SmiteWorks states that the dice are actually supported before buying into it. Personally I find it highly unlikely that it will actually happen, but it is possible.

Problems? See; How to Report Issues, Bugs & Problems
    On Licensing & Distributing Community Content
    Community Contributions: Gemstones, 5E Quick Ref Decal, Adventure Module Creation, Dungeon Trinkets, Balance Disturbed, Dungeon Room Descriptions
    Note, I am not a SmiteWorks employee or representative, I'm just a user like you.

Oh, I have fully accepted that I'm buying them for what they are currently listed to do and what is supported, although it would be nice to see that potential support in FG. I'm also only backing for a couple of D20's (a second set are going to a friend). I have other uses for them and for when I may not be using FG in in-person sessions.

But I also posted here to see if SmiteWorks may actually entertain supporting it or if they feel it is just really too outside their current objectives and not reasonable to implement in the next year (or afterwards) that the Kickstarter has aimed before they'll be delivering. (sides, I'm sure they'd send SmiteWorks a set or two in order to be able to "test with")

And with that said, as always with Kickstarter, buyer beware. There's a potential the project doesn't come to fruition or that the feature you might want doesn't get supported.

Hi,

Ive been using FG as a gamemaster for about 8 years and the biggest pain that the players keep on mentioning is the dicebot.

When we were young and could get together for an evening everyone of us had their own set of dice. The ”good ones” were kept as valued treasures and the ”bad ones” were executed in a screw vice in vicinity of the other dice.

Thats why this kickstarter had a Jesus like welcome in our group. If everyone could start rolling their dice again and not surrender to an anonymous dice bot. That would make the gaming a lot more personal and precious for the players.

So I really hope that Smiteworks does adopt this inside the Fantasy Grounds system and takes us all a step backwards from digitalization to ”real roleplaying”

Quote Originally Posted by Ernoldo View Post
    Hi,

Ive been using FG as a gamemaster for about 8 years and the biggest pain that the players keep on mentioning is the dicebot.

When we were young and could get together for an evening everyone of us had their own set of dice. The ”good ones” were kept as valued treasures and the ”bad ones” were executed in a screw vice in vicinity of the other dice.

Thats why this kickstarter had a Jesus like welcome in our group. If everyone could start rolling their dice again and not surrender to an anonymous dice bot. That would make the gaming a lot more personal and precious for the players.

So I really hope that Smiteworks does adopt this inside the Fantasy Grounds system and takes us all a step backwards from digitalization to ”real roleplaying”
    You can enable manual dice rolls and not use the "dicebot" (even though the dicebot is never going to wear out on the sides and start leaning towards certain numbers after prolonged use).

This looks like a nice gimmick - if I had money to burn maybe I would get them, but I don't so I won't. But they got over a million in 28 days - which is insane.

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    You can enable manual dice rolls and not use the "dicebot" (even though the dicebot is never going to wear out on the sides and start leaning towards certain numbers after prolonged use).

This looks like a nice gimmick - if I had money to burn maybe I would get them, but I don't so I won't. But they got over a million in 28 days - which is insane.
    I could enable manual rolls, which would at the same time enable manual cheating

Quote Originally Posted by Jiminimonka View Post
    But they got over a million in 28 days - which is insane.
    That's 28 days to go. They've been going less than 2 days. It is INSANE! Obviously some locked-down people have money to burn.
    Private Messages: My inbox is forever filling up with PMs. Please don't send me PMs unless they are actually private/personal messages. General FG questions should be asked in the forums - don't be afraid, the FG community don't bite and you're giving everyone the chance to respond and learn!

Thread Information