5E Product Walkthrough Playlist
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    another great bonus of using a third party voice/video, my choice is discord, i can have a second user account set up on discord running in browser taking audio its audio input from Spotify / YouTube and VLC so that background audio is all separate from actual speech, with the function of individuals being able to choose their preferred volume balance

I run multiple games using both classic and unity. I've also tried multiple 3rd party A/V interfaces, before settling on Zoom. I can share audio/video easier than the other interfaces I've tried. I can even share a second (player)instance of Fantasy Grounds for players having technical problems. I still have to move for the players, but it allows them to play, when they normally wouldn't be able to.

Using a third party application is quite useful, and allows us a GMs to add and do things that we normally can't or wouldn't. My opinion only, "It's not broken. Don't fix it!"

If they were to spend energy in this area I would want it to natively deal with sound effects and mood music. But even that I consider down the list. I like using Zoom and such because of screen sharing if a player is having problems or if I want to share something else that is outside FG a the time. As others have mentioned, R20 voice/vid is rather shaky at best.

OP has made zero response. If he did that would put him at 2 posts made on the forums...

There are LOADS of free, high quality, voice chat options, waste of time and resources for Smiteworks to add it to FantasyGrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Balgor View Post
    Hello all,

I migrated from roll20 to here because of the many features fantasygrounds has and makes it much easier.

The only thing I do not like is no voice communications.

Have to open another software like discord or teamspeak.

While roll20 has voice and video. Which I know its a website but still.

They have voice coms which many of use to play Dungeons and Dragons.
    Because it is not needed, FGU/FGC is a VTT not a VOIP app.
    My players just defeated an army, had a dogfight with aliens, machine-gunned the zombies, stormed the tower, became Legendary and died heroically

Yours are still on combat round 6

Get Savage
    Ultimate License Holder.
    First GM to post a game for the original FG Con!

Thread Information