Starfinder Playlist
Page 1 of 2 12 Last

Players can't show tokens or images

Hi all

I was going to update a token in the campaign I'm a player in, and when I tried to load it, the assets window was completely blank. Screenshot below.

That game is in 5e, so after the session I loaded a savage worlds campaign on my computer, and then connected as a player on my laptop. I couldn't see the tokens or any images on that one either, so this isn't a specific ruleset.

Screenshot is here:
    blank tokens.png

Players can't access tokens and images. Only the DM can do that.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

Quote Originally Posted by Zacchaeus View Post
    Players can't access tokens and images. Only the DM can do that.
    When did that stop?

I used to be able to change my own profile picture and token. How is a player supposed to update their player token now? Or add their portrait when they make the character?
    Last edited by TheDarkMantle; March 8th, 2021 at 23:56. Reason: Added another question.

In Unity players have never been able to access tokens. They could do in Classic if the DM shared tokens. Players can still change their portraits in Unity and the portrait defaults to the token in most rulesets I believe. Only the DM can change or allocate a token to a player character if they do not want to use the default portrait token.
    If there is something that you would like to see in Fantasy Grounds that isn't currently part of the software or if there is something you think would improve a ruleset then add your idea here https://www.fantasygrounds.com/featu...rerequests.php

In Unity players have never been able to access tokens. They could do in Classic if the DM shared tokens. Players can still change their portraits in Unity and the portrait defaults to the token in most rulesets I believe. Only the DM can change or allocate a token to a player character if they do not want to use the default portrait token.
    So in order for me to use the token I bought, I have to send the token pack to my DM? I'm pretty sure that's against the terms of service. But I guess I'll have to.

Also, the portraits were blank as well, so I can't even change the portrait.

But if that's intentional, I would have to say it's a very poor decision.

So in order for me to use the token I bought, I have to send the token pack to my DM? I'm pretty sure that's against the terms of service. But I guess I'll have to.

Also, the portraits were blank as well, so I can't even change the portrait.

But if that's intentional, I would have to say it's a very poor decision.

Sorry for double posting, it didn't refresh the first time, so I clicked Post a second time.

I’m not sure if any portraits come with the demo licence, probably none I imagine. You do get portraits with a license certainly. You can create your own portraits and put them in the portraits folder in the FG data folder and those will be available.

I’m not sure if any portraits come with the demo licence, probably none I imagine. You do get portraits with a license certainly. You can create your own portraits and put them in the portraits folder in the FG data folder and those will be available.
    I have the ultimate license, so the demo not coming with anything isn't relevant. But when I'm a player all the tokens and portraits are blank when I view the assets window now.

When we started the campaign last year, Unity was still in beta, I was able to put my own portrait that I made in the /portraits folder and add it to my character sheet. Until last night, I didn't try that on the final release, but it seems that players can not add their own portraits anymore or tokens anymore.

It just like a lot more work for the DM if players want to update their portraits and tokens to have to send them to the DM when I could do this by doing a drag-and-drop last year.

Here's a screenshot of the portraits view on the player side, and DM side. It's the same computer and you can see there is no portraits there.
    no portraits.png

If the assets button is useless, it should be removed.

You should certainly be able to access portraits by clicking on the player portrait area of the character sheet.

Thread Information