DICE PACKS BUNDLE

Slight delay in new character sheets using the vanilla theme

FGU up to date: Yes
    Extensions: None (no theme, important)

When creating a new player character in 3.5E and PF1 using the vanilla theme (none) there is a substantially longer first load time for the "skills" and "combat" tabs (about 2 seconds). If I use for example the "Simple Brown" theme the initial load time is nearly instantaneous.
    In 5E everything is fast.

Most people probably won't notice or just use a theme, just wanted to let you know; there might be something faulty in the standard theme for PF1/3.5E.
    I can upload some small videos if that helps

I'm not seeing that on my machine. The default 3.5E/PFRPG theme is the same as the default CoreRPG theme.

Do you have a copy of the campaign folder zipped up that you can share? Are you creating character on GM or player client? Anything else that you can think of, or exact steps you can provide?

Regards,
    JPG

For me the tabs also open slowly in a new campaign for a very new character, especially the Skills tab needs "a bit", but I didn't see such a big difference between themes (though I didn't really test that). The actions tab especially tends to get slow when there is a lot of stuff like for higher level spellcaster, but that is known if you meant that (in general it is known that loading bigger lists in FGU is a bit slow currently, like the character tabs sometimes)
    Last edited by Kelrugem; March 8th, 2021 at 00:40.

Oh, yeah, I know that the slow action tabs are known^^
    Everyhting is GM Side, always a fresh new campaign, below are two short videos. Maybe I overestimated the difference, i dont know... see for yourself. If there is no difference you can see then I will need new glasses

Edit:

With a stopwatch:
    Skill-List in CoreRPG Theme: about 1,35 seconds
    Skill-List in Brown Theme: about 0,5 seconds

Don't want to be petty, the difference just accured to me when working on an extension. (Test is of course only with a theme / no theme)

I can zip both campaings up if you want.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Zarestia; March 8th, 2021 at 01:28.

Thread Information