DICE PACKS BUNDLE
Page 2 of 2 First 12
    Some settings use extras that get a wild die or 3 wounds, instead of being full Wild Cards, to make them a little better in their role. Typically called Lieutenants & Henchmen respectively (might have misremembered the names).

Right...that's what I meant by monstrous abilities like Resilient / Very Resilient. There isn't a switch like Wild Card but you can add those abilities.

Still, the original poster came across as new to Savage Worlds and I just wanted to reiterate that giving more hitpoints isn't really "The Way"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by IceBear View Post
    Right...that's what I meant by monstrous abilities like Resilient / Very Resilient. There isn't a switch like Wild Card but you can add those abilities.

Still, the original poster came across as new to Savage Worlds and I just wanted to reiterate that giving more hitpoints isn't really "The Way"
    Oh, for sure. I'm all for "one shot and done" like killing storm troopers in star wars or orcs in lord of the rings. There are just some NPC's that I needed to make tougher because my group was cutting through them like a knife through butter. Thanks for all the advice. I absolutely love this ruleset.
    See through the skies, far beyond our world tonight,
    Hear the sounds of freedom ring, in a silent dream,
    and a million miles away.
    Reach for the stars, and live our lives forever free,
    In our hearts for a thousand years, and a thousand lifetimes before.

And the dawn of a new day will rise, a light for us all. -Dragonforce

Just wanted to point out that even with multiple wounds some of your NPCs are going to die in the first round of combat from exploding dice. I personally did 57 damage to my GM's "Boss Monster" with my first bow attack in one adventure. You kind of have to just roll with it (there are setting rules you can use to help) as the nature of the game with exploding dice

There's a thread that explains how to make henchmen (a wild card with 1 wound) and right hand men (extra with 3 wounds). I use variations on these when I need a mini-boss or a group leader.
    https://www.fantasygrounds.com/forum...light=henchman

Quote Originally Posted by IceBear View Post
    Just wanted to point out that even with multiple wounds some of your NPCs are going to die in the first round of combat from exploding dice. I personally did 57 damage to my GM's "Boss Monster" with my first bow attack in one adventure. You kind of have to just roll with it (there are setting rules you can use to help) as the nature of the game with exploding dice
    Nice!

What was even cooler was I had a -4 penalty on my bow shot and I only had a d6 Shooting. I got a hit with a raise and then all 3 d6s just kept coming up 6, over and over.....I should have bought a lottery ticket that night as normally the dice gods are bad to me

Thread Information